LS vs. Impala LT

LSChris

So far, so good, so what.
Reaction score
Let me set the stage. It is about 9:15 p.m. Thursday eve., and I am in the fourth hour of a five hour drive. I am on 90 EAST heading into Cleveland cruising about 75mph. Out of the corner of my eye I see a familiar shape edge into view. I glance over and confirm that an LS (in my mind) has decided to test my '07 Impala LT. My heart skips a beat as all the races I have been in come rushing back, flooding my mind with visions of total domination. I give the 1 1/2" wide GO pedal a quick mash, and send my headlights skyward. The driver who I will call Racer X gets the hint, and takes the bait I have so willingly offered. We are side by side at about 80mph, and have a clear road ahead. What traffic there is has obviously noticed the war that was about to take place, and has decided to move out the way like a frightened little geek in a high school hallway. I decide to try and get the jump since I have 3.9 V6 w/233HP, and a little extra weight. I push the pedal to the carpet, and to my surprise my pathetic V6 falls on it's face. No kick down just a slow girlish moan from under the hood. I swear I hear the NAV system say "yeah right". I have a Steve McQueen grip on the wheel, and am moving back and forth in the seat trying to coax a little more speed.Racer X obviously unaware that I started decides he's had enough of our 45 sec meet and greet, and hammers the gas and by the time he is by me ,has created enough of a vacuum in my car that my suitcase is almost sucked out of my trunk. I look at my wife and shrug my shoulders, she rolls her eyes and mutters something about Vin Diesel.
Let it be known Racer X , that had it not been winter I would have had my own LS on the road, and the results would have been different. I look forward to early July when I take another trip to Cleveland, and hope to see my nemisis on that same dark highway. When that time comes, I'll have something for you.

I hope that Racer X is an LS lover like me ,and will recognize the red sloth in the attached photo. If you are out there in the shadows of the forum Racer X give me a shout.

2007_0512Image0003.jpg

That is a great Short Story. You should be a writer. I could actually feel myself in the drivers seat of both cars. Wow.

WOW.. that was a great story despite the loss.. hopefully you will catch racer X again to redeem yourself using the proper set of wheels :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back