I Want 22 Inch Rims

union807trucker

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
:cool: :cool: :cool: I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANY BODY HAS EVER PUT 22 INCH RIMS ON THERE LS. I WANT TO PUT THEM BUT I WANT SOME INFO ON THEM BEFORE I GET MYSELF INTO A HEADACHE.EVERYONE TELLS ME ONLY 20S FIT BUT I HAVE SEEN 22S ON AN LS BEFORE SO I WANTED TO RESEARCH IT. IF ANYONE HAS PICS PLEASE POST I WANNA SEE HOW THEY LOOK AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON THIS TOPIC FEEL FREE TO HOLLA.:cool:

To me it looks to gangster. But, I have seen a few that are clean. But, the main thing will be the fender wells they will need to be tucked so, they won't scrub. But, if ya ask me I think it will wear your joints out even faster so, be prepared to replace them. But, all in all good luck.

I have seen them before, honestly I thought it looked ridiculous. But to each his own.

how about if i get 20s wont they still rub anyways??>?

another question how do u think putting lowering springs and dubs (20s) would look i mean i kno they would nice put do you think i would have the same problmes as if i were putting 22?

like he said above, i think the main hurdle was the fenders. have them rolled and youd probably be fine

i think im going to have a tough time finding a body shop thats does that man but let see what happen im like super disapointed right now

Depending on the offset they will rub. I have read that if you stay under a 7.5 wheel they won't rub but, wheels will always have a difference you can get them recalibrated but, in my opinion just deal with it until you get an xcal tune or want to get it done professionally. But, to me if I were to put 20's on my car. I wouldn't be worried about the speed anyways just letting everyone look...

i had 8.5" 20's and they didnt rub with stock suspension and i didnt have my fenders rolled. and there wasnt a difference with my speedometer, but i have heard that it can be as much as 5 mph off based on the stock tire size of the car. there is a calculator online that will tell you how much your speedometer will be off with bigger wheels.

i think 22's look good. if i was sticking with the ls that would be my next mod, but i'm on to bigger and better things

i had 8.5" 20's and they didnt rub with stock suspension and i didnt have my fenders rolled. and there wasnt a difference with my speedometer, but i have heard that it can be as much as 5 mph off based on the stock tire size of the car. there is a calculator online that will tell you how much your speedometer will be off with bigger wheels.

i think 22's look good. if i was sticking with the ls that would be my next mod, but i'm on to bigger and better things

Are you sure you don't scrub on tight turns. Everyone I have heard that has a 8.5 wheel scrubs when turning sharp. hmmm

contact

PLEASE HAVE JOEY OR 1 OF THE MODERATORS READ THE CONTACT US EMAIL i LEFT THIS MORNING, i AM SAD TO SAY THAT rAY, 1WYKDMK8 PASSED AWAY LAST NIGHT, i LEFT JOEY MY PHONE NUMBER SO i COULD GIVE HIM THE SERVICES INFO AS i GET IT.
WITH DEEP REGRET ,
CINDY

PLEASE HAVE JOEY OR 1 OF THE MODERATORS READ THE CONTACT US EMAIL i LEFT THIS MORNING, i AM SAD TO SAY THAT rAY, 1WYKDMK8 PASSED AWAY LAST NIGHT, i LEFT JOEY MY PHONE NUMBER SO i COULD GIVE HIM THE SERVICES INFO AS i GET IT.
WITH DEEP REGRET ,
CINDY

Sorry to hear the awful news.

dont take this the wrong way. Seriously. But you are between the ages of 17 and..21.

How close am I?

Original poster. Just curious, thats all. I actually like the look of some of the much larger wheel options, but experience tells me that...it's probably not for me. Which isnt to say Im right or wrong, just my personal aspect.

Why in God's name would you want 22s while living in NYC with these crater sized pot holes?

You loco :D

I've also learned in the past, that when you venture too far outside of what a cars chassis originally was offered with (in the case of the LS, the max size rim diamater ever offered was 17 inch), then you begin to significantly alter the ride quality, handling, etc. Usually in a negative way. We wont even go into rubbing issues, etc.

A plus 2 over the largest stock size is all I would ever think about going on any vehicle. (and thats stretching it..realistically I dont think I'd ever go beyond a plus one).

actually i just turned 21 yrs old and i got 46k on a 2000 ls im trying to pimp her out cuz she just looks so sexy.Not for nothing my brother tells me not to put 22 because of suspension,cracked rims on a highway, the car is gonna ride like crap,u kno all the stuff that i really didnt want to hear but i guess hes telling me this for a reason.

Members online

No members online now.
Back