Opinion wanted on new component speakers.

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just went to my local car shop, and picked up a set of Eclipse SP5700 components for the front doors. Going to relocate the tweeter to the upper part of the door. I figured for 87 bucks plus tax, I couldn't go wrong.

Anyone heard these before? I'm installing them tomorrow... if they sound good, i'll pick up another set for the back doors

for sound imaging, it's always best to keep your tweeter as close to your midrange as possible. Also should make sure they are firing on the same plain as the midrange.

Eclipse had a while where they were putting out absolute junk... but from what I'm told, they've improved considerabily in the last 5 years or so. But I've got no specific info on that speaker

:D my friend had some eclipse those are good speakers...boston is better...

Both you guys are right. Boston are awesome, MB Quart I've heard good things, but the price is what's the catch for me. They were on closeout.

Hey josh, what did you use to cut the holes for the flush mount tweeters in the door? I'm afraid to wreck my door.

Just use a holesaw. If you're putting it somewhere with a soft covering, just the holesaw as a template, cut the soft covering around the hole saw with a razor, pull that stuff off then drill away as normal. Just be sure the backside is clear of anything you don't want destroyed.

Thanks Nate. That's what I figured would work. I'll have the panel off the car when i drill it, so i think i should be okay.

Members online

No members online now.
Back