How far have you gotten on E?

postalUT

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I found this website that records how long drivers have gone on E in their particular model of cars. I think everyone here should submit their data and share an empty tank story here on the forum

http://tankonempty.com/

I think the low fuel level indicator comes on with about 50 miles to spare...

and you can definitely go further after it hits zero.. i've never ran out, but i have driven down to zero miles til empty a couple times. never gone more than 10 miles on zero though..

When the mileage indicator hits "0 miles" I have exactly 1 gallon of gas still left in the tank. That equates to 18-25 more miles depending on where I am driving.

My conti has a 20 gallon tank, light comes on at 17.5 2.5 x 24mpg=60
My truck has a 24 gallon tank, light comes on at 19.5 4.5 x 14mpg=63

I have run out of gas once in the LS. I wasnt payin attetion to the dash that day and I looked down and was like o sh!t we are about to.....and then the car died, long walk to the gas station

I read somewhere that our cars have an 18 gal. tank and the gauge only reads for 16, so when you hit "E" you've still got 2 gallons left. With as many times as I've seen my gauge go below E, I believe it.

I have run out of gas once in the LS. I wasnt payin attetion to the dash that day and I looked down and was like o sh!t we are about to.....and then the car died, long walk to the gas station

I was wondering; how many gallon of gas did it take to restart? I know some auto you need up to 3+ gal to recharge the system just to restart.

Pretty much my story. I was actually talking to my daughter exclaiming how many miles I got on that tank and boom, out of gas on the interstate in that same breath. The indication was E, not below it at all, just got to E and that was all she wrote. The V6 did not have the message center so it was all guesswork.

I like my fuel pump too much to go to "E". Lowest I've gone per the message center was 37 miles to empty.

[Setting: Dealership car]

(Rick and Kramer are driving back to the dealership)

RICK: (Seeing the turn-off up ahead) There’s the dealer!

KRAMER: Hey!

RICK: We did! We pulled it off! I can’t believe it! Where’s the needle?

KRAMER: Oh, it broke off, baby! Woo, hoo, hoo!

RICK: Oh, Mr. Kramer, I gotta thank you. I - I learned a lot. Things are gonna be different for me now.

KRAMER: Well, that’s a weird thing to say..

RICK: I wonder how much longer we could have lasted.

KRAMER: Yeah, yeah. I wonder.. hmm.

(They both eye each other, then Kramer slams on the gas, attempting to go even longer. They both cheer and scream out)

(Scene ends)

I'm at 14 miles to go for the first time ever, I have never went below about 40 before. Just haven't had time but I will definitely make time when I get off tonight.

I run mine to zero every time, and even then I still keep on driving. I usually put about 17.5 gallons on a fill up. One time I let it go a little long and I put in 18.2 gallons. Not sure how far I could really go, I might try it someday.

I think the miles past E all depends on how fast your going. I dont know about any of you but the faster I go the better miliage I get, particularly 75-110 in my 04 ls6 w/ 95k. I've ran it till she's died trying to get closer to the pumps and I got 83 miles at 100 mphs from the time my gas light came on

I once ran my 95 Isuzu Rodeo completely out during an especially bitter cold night. It wouldn't start again, so I had to drive to a 24 hour AutoZone to get some moisture evaporator additive for my tank. The thing fired right up. Can this happen to the LS?

Members online

No members online now.
Back