14.368@97.24

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Unseasonably warm here today so I couldn't help but go to the track tonight. I didn't expect to run my quickest... but surprize. 60degrees about 12degrees warmer than my previous best. My only change was a slight adjustment on the end user part of my tune, I was looking for a few mph that I lost somewhere and finally figured out where it went. So now I will try to hit 14.2 before the 4.10s go in.

not my best 60'
not my best 1/8th
new best 1/8th mph
new best 1/4
not my best 1/4 mph

Check the signature for mods, the basic 3. BTW this is still on the 3.31 gears...for now. 79k never a tune up, original coils :shifty:

14.368.jpg

Are you running nitrous???................inside joke....... ;)

Good run man. I see possible 14.2's if you get to the track again with some cooler weather. I really want to see you hit 13's N/A after we swap the 8.8" LSD w/ 4.10's. Like we said before, I definitely think it is doable.

I really want to see you hit 13's N/A after we swap the 8.8" LSD w/ 4.10's. Like we said before, I definitely think it is doable.

hmmm.... me and the mustang friends were thinking the EXACT same setup while I was out there.... but I was thinking more 3.73's on account of my short second gear and still wanting a decent highway car... I will be juicing it too so I think 3.73's will be right in the middle

thoughts?

hmmm.... me and the mustang friends were thinking the EXACT same setup while I was out there.... but I was thinking more 3.73's on account of my short second gear and still wanting a decent highway car... I will be juicing it too so I think 3.73's will be right in the middle

thoughts?

If you will be juicing your LS then I suggest getting some damn sticky tires on there. When I used to spray at the track I was spinning my butt off once the nitrous hit; even through the progressive nitrous controller. An LSD would have helped allot though. 05 LS V8 + bolt ons + 100 wetshot + LSD + DR's = 12's no problem.

Even with 4.10's the LS will still make a decent highway car with the trans gearing it has. Jason plans to keep his N/A so 4.10's make sense. If you plan to spray then 3.73's or even 3.55's will be the better bet for you.

thoughts?

You already have 3.58s, so 3.58 to 3.73 your gaining little. Till you mod or spray you hardly need a LSD.

My gen1 has 3.31s, going to 4.10s will be a very noticeable increase and likely .35-.5 off the 1/4.

3rd,4th and 5th gear on our 5R is not much different from the 4R 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Almost identical and 4.10s even 4.30s are done frequently. 1st and 2nd should be fun on 4.10s.

Nice Jason... I'm still hoping to come over and do GLD with you this Fall... Trying to convince my wife to visit her friend who lives next to the track..

05 LS V8 + bolt ons + 100 wetshot + LSD + DR's = 12's no problem.

yeah that was the exact setup I had in mind... I was just debating between 3.73's or 4.10's as I diddn't want my my shifts to taper off too soon down low

also.... on your nitrous shot, you are running two tunes and switching them on the fly via a handheld programmer correct?

I was just wondering because every time I looked at it, running a 100 shot with a WOT switch all the time you would have to knock the timing back so much that your N/A lincoln wouldn't even be drivable anymore

yeah that was the exact setup I had in mind... I was just debating between 3.73's or 4.10's as I diddn't want my my shifts to taper off too soon down low

also.... on your nitrous shot, you are running two tunes and switching them on the fly via a handheld programmer correct?

I was just wondering because every time I looked at it, running a 100 shot with a WOT switch all the time you would have to knock the timing back so much that your N/A lincoln wouldn't even be drivable anymore

Nope I didn't run two tunes with the programmer. I tuned it N/A, retarded the timing a bit and then jetted it on the nitrous for the A/F's I was looking for. If the LS had a PCM that had a rear J3 dataport that was chippable then I would have made an N/A tune and a nitrous tune for swapping tunes on the fly. You cannot swap tunes on the fly with a programmer. What I usually did was just retard my timing with my N/A program 2 degree's from 3000-5000 rpms and from 5,000 till 7,000 I retarded 3 degree's. Plenty safe, not a dog by any means even when running the retarded tune without the nitrous, and at any given moment all I had to do is flip two switches blip the purge and I was ready to run in less than 5 seconds.

I do not know where you get the idea that you have to knock the spark back so far that the LS is undrivable but that is far from correct. I ran on the N/A tune modified for the nitrous all the time and still put down 14.2's at the track while N/A.

Also, I didn't have just a WOT switch. I was running a full programmable progressive nitrous controller which I mounted its master arm switch in the lower ashtray-like area of the LS console in a custom switch panel I made. If I had the master switch turned off then the whole nitrous system was turned off. Go onto some of the LS1tech forums and read up on nitrous and the controlling systems for it. That will give you a little better idea of where you want to go. You can ask all your questions via PM to me also, but it would probably be quicker to just go to another site that has members who run nitrous very often and know how to run it well. The Mustang forums just do not have enough of us who really know our stuff to be of any real benefit when it comes to detailed nitrous management and tuning questions.

Regardless, this thread is probably not the best place for that conversation.

good times. looks like it would be a good run for my 300. i was at 9.2`s on the 1/8 with just a cai before i added the DiabloSport programmer so u`r LS is running really well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back