darn brakes

kellerjw

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1988 Mark VII LSC and have a brake problem. There are no brakes...what happens is there is no play in the brake pedal when I step on it. No matter how hard I step on the brakes the pedal will not move and the car will not stop. Anybody know what causes this?? Thank for any help!

I,d assume the check brake lights are on?I think i would start with making sure all the brakes are properly bled "no air in the brake lines" . I dont think its the power brake booster you should still be able to brake if it was bad just have to press down hard on it to get it to brake.

Brakes

Make sure it isn't the pedal assembly itself that's binding. Check for any loose items rolling around on the floor that may have found they're way up and under the brake pedal. Sounds goofy but I've heard of this happening before. (not to me of course):bash:

It could be a number of things, including the accumulator, a pressure switch, or the pump. Check out the tech articles at lincolnsonline.com to learn about the system and the troubleshoot procedures. It's not a hard system to fix, but you need background info to do it.

I think my brake master cylinder is bad

I believe the brake master cylinder on my 1987 Mk VII LSC has gone bad. I started losing braking power yesterday, and when I checked the master cylinder the reservoir was almost completely empty. I put more fluid in but it hasn't helped. Think the fluid is leaking in the back into the booster, as I can't find any leaks around the wheel cylinders. What should I check, and what should I try before I change the master cylinder? And if it IS that, what is the proper procedure on this car to change out the master cylinder and bleed the brake lines?

This is the only car I have, so have to get it back on the road QUICKLY!:confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back