Silverstar Headlight Bulbs?

Mac98SHO said:
GrayGhost1,

Your site says those bulbs wont fit my Map light on my 01 LS Sport, have you been able to find ones that will work?

I have Midnight Black interior so I think, if I was able replace all the courtesy light it be a lot brighter.
The dome light bulbs are either 211 or 212. I bought a set of the Xenon bulbs off of eBay when I changed mine out a couple of years ago. Just do a search on eBay for Xenon 211 or 212 and you'll have plenty come up.

Here are some pictures of the Silvania Silverstars on my BMW (before paint job).

DSC02242.JPG

DSC02245.JPG

Mysterio505 said:
Dont waste your money on bulbs. I had the same idea about the silverstar but then i went to my mod dealer and he showed me the HID kit. Only $350 + installation and wow i love em to death it was the best investment i ever made. Once i got it all my firends got the kit on thier cars it made thier old blue and white bulbs loook yellow. My suggestion is to spend more money and get something that will last longer and be brighter. I got blue in the head lights and white bulbs put in the fogs. i wanted them both white but the blue looks better so when i get the energy to do it i will change the fogs to blue bulbs. Good luck man
I agree. I just installed HID's in my LS and I love it. There is no comparison between a regular bulb and an HID. The ones I got are 12000K and it gives that purple pinkish look like a Benz and I can see everything. My buddy has an LS with stock HID's and we compared them side by side, and when looking at his after mine, it made his look like regular bulbs and not HID's. Everytime I drive at night, I get flashed at least 2 or 3 times because people think I have my brights on but I just flash them back. So my advice is the same as Mysterio505, spend the money and get something that's gonna last a long time and be much brighter.

I think the same way as both of you guys. I got my HIDs in april and since then they have been great. I have 8ks in and they are very very bright. I bought em off of Ebay for $262 shipping included. It is best to buy HIDs, but if you want good bulbs, I think the Silverstars are one of the best ones. They do get blown sometimes, but for a halogen bulb they are pretty bright. I have em in my BMW and in my Mercury.

NVMyLS said:
I agree. I just installed HID's in my LS and I love it. There is no comparison between a regular bulb and an HID. The ones I got are 12000K and it gives that purple pinkish look like a Benz and I can see everything. My buddy has an LS with stock HID's and we compared them side by side, and when looking at his after mine, it made his look like regular bulbs and not HID's. Everytime I drive at night, I get flashed at least 2 or 3 times because people think I have my brights on but I just flash them back. So my advice is the same as Mysterio505, spend the money and get something that's gonna last a long time and be much brighter.

untitledg.JPG

Have you thought about the Hoen bulbs? I have ran both the Silverstars and the Hoen's in my LS. The Hoen's will be brighter ever time. Below is a picture showing the difference in the two:

hoen2.jpg

sorry to bump this, but i didnt want to start a new thread. Are those silverstar ultras? and are those Hoen xenonmatch plus? Or are they the regular ones? Tanks!

sorry to bump this, but i didnt want to start a new thread. Are those silverstar ultras? and are those Hoen xenonmatch plus? Or are they the regular ones? Tanks!
Since that is a picture of my old car I can let you know what it was. The Silverstars are not the Ultras. They were just the regular Silverstars. The Hoen bulbs shown were the the regular Xenonmatch bulbs and NOT the Xenonmatch Plus bulbs. The Xenonmatch Plus would be much brighter!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=ADME:X:RTQ:US:11&viewitem=&item=230182988441

Silverstar Ultras on ebay for great price. quite a few available. saw them at local part stores for $50 plus tax. the 9005`s from this guy is also listed cheaper than the 9006`s. i just purchased some myself.

jace

I have used the Silverstar ULTRAS , they look good and were pretty cheap on Ebay.

But after bout 5 mnths one Low died, but the Highs are still in and its been over 12mnths. They look great on, crisp white color, but not much light output.

I wouldnt buy them again, but they were worth the CHEAPER ebay price.

I would maybe try the HOENS next or a HID kit.

Looks like a great price. Is he going to warranty those if one or both of the bulbs fail?

I am not sure about that.. i didn't ask. If one does happen to die it would be a good time to spend $50+ for them at autozone if i happen to like them, or jus go with HID'S. I would just rather pay less than 30 bucks to test a product that is $50+ in local stores. just me though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back