Absolutely sexy! Concept Continental!

I think that is where the Chrylser 300 stole the side profile from. I'd buy the car in a second for $40-42,000 if they actually ever made it. But Ford never makes their cools concepts, except the GT400 of which they'll make about a thousand of them.

They will want a lot of money for that!!!! It seems as though the trend is heading toward smaller cars lately though. I wish they would make it hard top convertible!!! LOL

I saw that at the Chicago auto show a couple of years ago. Great looking car but the more I looked at it I kept thinking to myself thats just that many more features to go wrong on the car, especially the trunk.

actually, I never saw the benifit of making the trunk open like that - and for me the thing is way to retro.

Lincoln just HAS to make this car.... hell, even without the funky trunk, and even without the suicide doors, and even with a toned down interior and only a 4.6L V8... they should still do it... if nothing else, this could basically be what the 2006 Town Car redesign will look like. They should offer a package like this concept though, with suicide doors and a V12 to compete in the high end market, they could call that trim package the "continental" (what a role reversal from the 70's eh?)

The concept you see is a 4 seater sedan with a 6.0L v12 and factory 22" wheels. I doubt Lincoln will be making this car.

I too, doubt that it will see a sunrise at it's current spec. However, they could realistically use the body for the next generation Town Car. It would spec more closely to the current T.C. but it would have an exterior (and hopefully an interior) very similar if not exact to the concept. While I'd hope that the suicide doors would make production, if they made a car that looked like that even without the suicide doors, I'd still be thrilled to death.

What I was trying to say earlier is that a V12 as the base option would be rediculous, it'd be too expensive. The base option should only be modestly better than the current Town Car and be priced similarly to the current Town Car, but it would be really cool if they did produce a high performance version of the car so that they could be competitive in the upper luxury segment again. Cadillac is doing a respectable job of keeping competitive, so should Lincoln (in my opinion).

Besides, if Lincoln does their car right, then they might spur Cadillac to action and we might possibly see another Fleetwood on the horizon. I want to see a "boat car" revival just as we are seeing a muscle/sport car revival. It could happen, if FoMoCo would just do something dynamic enough in that segment. A car that looked like that with a High Performance V12 variant option would be just the thing.

Moby and Lucille said:
Lincoln just HAS to make this car.... hell, even without the funky trunk, and even without the suicide doors, and even with a toned down interior and only a 4.6L V8... they should still do it... if nothing else, this could basically be what the 2006 Town Car redesign will look like. They should offer a package like this concept though, with suicide doors and a V12 to compete in the high end market, they could call that trim package the "continental" (what a role reversal from the 70's eh?)
True indeed!
Lincoln should put this car in production.

Lincoln is well on its way to establishing an innovative future if so.

I totally agree... Ford needs to get their head out their ass and start bringing to market concepts alot quicker... It took the Mustang forever!!!!! They need to follow suit in the Merc and Lincoln line. They also had a coup version of that continental called the MK9 OOOooooo, Nice but more than likely to be priced at 65-70K zone... Guys like me will have to wait for one comin off a 2yr lease and score it for 25K. LOL I'm with Sifrino man... I dig the doors

Members online

No members online now.
Back