00'LS8 vs. Honda S2000

pwr2killayak

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
last night, my girlfriend and i were on the way home from seeing the movie the kingdom, (which is a bad arse movie, and why i was pumped up and ready to race) i see a dark colored convertible (top down) honda s2000, looked like a stock 5spd, driving pretty quickly on the feeder of one of the unnamed tollways... he turns left towards my house and i get all giddy...

we catch what seemed like every light and proceeded as follows:

1st light: he doesnt launch fully and i do and i get about a 1 1/2 car lead and he catches about 1 car of it and we hit second light (0-55 or so)

2nd light: we both get a good launch and he gets about a car on me up until the 3rd light (0-60 or so)

3rd and longest wait: we both get fully prepped and set for the green, i definitely get my best launch and apparently he did too, he jumps ahead about a car if not 1 1/2 cars and we get up to about 80 with the same difference between us. cool arse dude chunked the duece as did i. went home and finished it off right.....

Really seems to be your M.O., racing all kinds of sports cars in your LS. I surely enjoy reading about people like you who somehow lack something else in their life to get fullfilment from racing on public roads in an LS. Not saying that i've never exceeded the speed limit, but its not something i get enjoyment out of and feel the need to post on a internet forum regularly. Its kinda gay that so many kids are getting on here AGAIN and posting their racing stories. One trend i have noticed is there are alot of older 1st gen. LS's being bought by young kids. Must be some really cheap prices on '00-'02 out there for the kiddies to afford.

Really seems to be your M.O., racing all kinds of sports cars in your LS. I surely enjoy reading about people like you who somehow lack something else in their life to get fullfilment from racing on public roads in an LS. Not saying that i've never exceeded the speed limit, but its not something i get enjoyment out of and feel the need to post on a internet forum regularly. Its kinda gay that so many kids are getting on here AGAIN and posting their racing stories. One trend i have noticed is there are alot of older 1st gen. LS's being bought by young kids. Must be some really cheap prices on '00-'02 out there for the kiddies to afford.

wow, im 21 and own a 05 LS Ultimate, but still just wow man:eek:

wow, im 21 and own a 05 LS Ultimate, but still just wow man:eek:
Hey, i give you props for buying a later model, fairly expensive LS at your age. Atleast your posts are somewhat mature and civilized. Alot of the poeple on here make me think they're 16 yrs old and have an Algebra test the next day or something. These kids buying an old '00-'01 model because they are dirt cheap and think they are pimps and race car drivers. It just gets old.

P.S. Our cars are twins

Hey buddy, last time I checked, this forum is open to all sorts of topics and if he wanted to post a story he can, if you don't like it, don't read it. You make yourself look like a 16 year old with your posts, and way to make generalized statements about younger people buying 00-01' models, since you know us all SO well. What's up your ass anyways? What do you care that people like to tell stories about a little street-race?

Wow, I never thought of that.... mine on my 01 is $230/month, yours must be ridiculous unless your parents pay for it.

yea mines $212/month for my '00, but if I can get it below $500/month then an 06 is in the near future.

You left out the fact that they post KILL sotries about the obviouse and BS about cars they would never be able to keep up with.

Wow you guys pay alot for insurance. I'm 26, have a 2000 V8, and pay $78 a month for full coverage (with a $100 deductible)

The original post is a pretty honest sounding account and I like hearing those to keep in mind how certain cars compare. I like how this site hasn't axed this post yet....others treat this subject like it's public enemy #1 or something worse......

Good run power...lay off us younger guys Fla; it's not our fault these cars aren't expensive yet pretty badass.

Wow you guys pay alot for insurance. I'm 26, have a 2000 V8, and pay $78 a month for full coverage (with a $100 deductible)

What you pay for insurance depends A LOT on where you live. I see you live in BFE, as do I. I'm 25 and my rate for my '04v6 is ~$90/mo full coverage with $500 deductible. If I lived in a major city it would be much higher I am certain.

I live in a town where the average price of a new car...any new car...is around $50K. This is in Bellevue Washington.
Just up the street, we have a Bently dealer, that also sells Lamborgini, and Jaguar. Next to them is a BMW dealer. Across the street, is Park Place Motors, and they sell all sorts of specialty cars. From Superformance Cobra's, to collector muscle cars. Just the other day, in our parking lot, a lady dropped off her kid at the dance studio, in a Bently Arnage...well over a $300K car. In my company we have people with nice cars, as well. One of my engineers drives a Porsche 930 turbo, one drives an SL 600, another an SL 500, yet another Mercedes, the owner, drives a CLS 500...too many nice cars to be around, makes my LS look a little plain...:(

My insurance sucks...but I am covered if I hit one of these expensive cars.

Oh, and by the way, I am 48, and keep the kill stories coming!

Jees.. here you go again. i think the only person you would be able to see eye to eye with, would be a clone of yourself. Just let people enjoy their life how they want to, even though it may not be exactly the way you like to enjoy yours. you probably enjoy your car by just driving 5 under the speed limit, drinking coffee and listening to the news on the radio. Some of us prefer to hit the gas every now and again for the 10 second rush attained. its just how life goes. We are all different, and I say enjoy your car the way you want to and accept the way others enjoy theirs. You are not paying his car note or insurance.

jace

I love to race, but I keep it under control on public roads. Seen too many bad things happen. Just be careful. Hey SmokeyClay, where are you at in Jacksonville. Maybe I have seen you around or vice versa.

Dang those are some crazy insurance rates. I insure 5 cars for less, 4 full coverage.

This race sounded like it was fairly safe and didn't get so crazy, whats the big deal.

Those S2000s can get quik easy, see them at the track regularly and usually run 13s.

Man, I wish the LS had the 4.6. I would loose the doors, wheels, and system if I knew there was a chance.

Man, I wish the LS had the 4.6. I would loose the doors, wheels, and system if I knew there was a chance.

It would be great, but. The 3.9 is really a great engine. It's done nothing but surprize and impress me. If it had any type of easy bolt on aftermarket it would really do fine against alot more cars. Even with the 3 basic mods it dones fine IMO. I get alot of attention at the track, most think I tricked it alot more than I did to run my times. Guy with a new Daytona ran consistent 14.7s last time I was there and he was pretty disappointed. You'd expect more out of that car for example.

Come on man, aren't you the one posting about racing a G35 or something on the freeway to 130 mph or so???

Come on man, aren't you the one posting about racing a G35 or something on the freeway to 130 mph or so???

lol. i was trying to find that SAME post but i couldn't find it. ots only right when HE does it.

i am 22 and paid 120 a month for full coverage on the LS and a 07 avalon with a 250 ded with home insurance included. i pay 10 dllars more now that i have the 300c .

Those S2000s can get quik easy, see them at the track regularly and usually run 13s.

Those S2000's have the same amount of HP as the first GEN LS, weigh a fraction of the weight the LS does, and are 6 speed. Very quick cars for a LS to keep up with even in the long.

This post hasn't been as bad as others, I like how he admitted that he didn't win but I think the S2000 could have been way more competition for the LS than what it was.

BTW, I am 27 and I don't have a second GEN LS. I have a first GEN LS and I have full coverage, 500 deductible for any cost and pay 3k a year do to a theft incident it went up a bit but it used to be cheaper.

Since we are on the subject of insurance I have been wanting to find someone I could ask this question to. Can they raise my rate for something like this seeing how I didnt get into a accident or any thing like that? I mean I could see my rate going up if I had been at fault or became a risk but how would my car being broken into make me a risk.

Members online

No members online now.
Back