Painted Intake tube...anyone?

DunItRight

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone paint the aftermarket Intake tube to match the body color? I think I wanna go and try it out but I kinda wanna see some results.:)

I would think powdercoating would be the way to go, due to the extreme heat in the engine area. I know they have temp. resistant paint but PC would hold up better. Do u have an 8 or a 6? The eight has much more length and would look better, not sure if the length of the 6's intake is worth the money.

Yeah, Im thinking of sending it to JET HOT seeing on how they have a place a few miles from me. I do have a V8 and I agree with everything you said. I was just thinking that since people play with some extra high heat paint on other parts, maybe they did the tube also.

I would be really interested in seeing this when its done and I'm sure others would like the break down on cost. I am also wondering if the PC would insulate the tube a bit and help with intake temps???

i had mine painted flat black to match the rest of the engine. no pics though...haven't had the car in some time now.

This was all done with high temp paint straight from the auto parts store. Holding up fine so far.

Its my MarkVIII.

166-6619_IMG.jpg

Thats cool, I haven't got the time on my hands to spend any tooling around with this idea but I like that. I wish I could see it on the LS cause I wanna just know if it may help the fact that the intake tube is just flat out so damn ugly no matter how shiny it is/can be. I'm thinking on going with red. But blue looks good on a engine.

As far as powder coating it, that would be really nice for general purpose but I doubt it would be much help. I'm still thinking about it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back