LED Lighting in LS

Reverend

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
LSKoncepts has recently added a multitude of LED lighting options to their website. Has anyone replaced any of their LS's lights with these? I am curious if there are any warning indicators going of due to voltage (as that would be annoying).

LSKoncepts Lighting

Quote:
"Note: Due to low power consumption of the LED bulbs it may trigger a bulb out lamp on most cars equipped with this feature."

The only place you may see a bulb out error would be in the turn signals. However, the LED's in the dome lights, foot wells and even the license plate lights you will not get a light out error. I have been told by Xetronic that the LED bulbs have a built in resistor so no modification is needed. I can not confirm that since I don't have my LS any longer to test it out.

I had troubles with my license plate lights. I didn't get the bulb out but one side didn't work properly. I put the bulbs in other areas and they had been fine so that wasn't the case. I may try load resistors cause I have a set for the lower watts or what have you, I got the wrong set of resistors for my turn signals and haven't got around to doing them the right way yet so I put the regular silver star turns back in.

Definitely get the higher watt resistors for the turns, they look sweet with the 12 bulb 3157 ambers and a clear lens or even better with the absence of any lens at all in the turn signals but after the key turns all the way thats when it goes nuts and the hyper flash is just as annoying as the indicator dinging every time you turn the car on.

Also, the bumper lens LEDS wont toss a indicator but they will stay on at a bit longer than the rest of the lights, just a bit dim.

i will have some LEDs in my license plate light soon so i will fill you guys in on them.

When I had just one light working on the plate it looked so good and I could barely tell I had one out.

I still question why anyone would want their license tag to be seen E-A-S-I-E-R.

:eek:

Well, since I can't just go out and do a 5 speed swap, rear gears or a blower very easily, I'm stuck with lights.

God, I sound like a ricer now.

:lol:

Ha ha, its not the fact of being able to see them easier I never said that. Its a more pleasant crisper up to date look that I desire:p Besides I have nothing to hide, if a cop wants to run my plates let em and I don't feel any need to race or speed ( that often ) in my LS. I live in a city with crappy roads anyways:D And I still say I would leave that to the cars that are better meant for racing.

I live in a city with crappy roads anyways:D And I still say I would leave that to the cars that are better meant for racing.

Yes, PA does have crappy roads in general. PENNDOT is notorious for causing so much problems in our daily commute and yet still letting our roads suck.

However, I disagree, what is the purpose of having a V8 if you don't want to get into a little pissing match every once in a while? I know not everyone has a V8, but why worry about engine size and horsepower if you ain't gonna use it against someone sometime?:p You don't have to race, you just have to let some punk kid know your luxury car can still take him to task if you so desire.

what is the purpose of having a V8 if you don't want to get into a little pissing match every once in a while?

The purpose of having a V8 in a car like this is to make a comfortable luxury car of its size handle its own weight in a comfortable way. I would feel stupid trying to drive a big luxury car with little power and just a 4 banger under the hood. I would imagine you wouldnt get to far either especially getting onto the highway where this car is more at home.

But yes, PENNDOT is from what I heard on the grape vine the worst. I feel it MAY be true from my experience. But Allentown really sucks and its really not PENNDOTS fault its the people that have to double park every half a block when they have a spot right next to them and every road ( almost ) is one way double lane with cars parked all over the damn place. I mean, its no New York City but it is pretty bad.

Dont get me wrong I liked to let her rip here and there but I am pretty sure Im almost over that and just wanna have fun looking good in it rather than take any chances loosing it in a wreck or being inpounded.

The purpose of having a V8 in a car like this is to make a comfortable luxury car of its size handle its own weight in a comfortable way. I would feel stupid trying to drive a big luxury car with little power and just a 4 banger under the hood. I would imagine you wouldnt get to far either especially getting onto the highway where this car is more at home.

We definitely have different motives for driving an LS then ha. I wanted a V8 for the power and raciness and muscle-car aspect. I could get a Dodge Neon SRT-4 that gets better fuel mileage/acceleration/and has almost as much horsepower, but there is something sacreligious about 4-bangers as performance engines. I guess it is just because I am young and brash haha, I am sure as the years progress I will feel the saem way and just prefer to cruise in my car rather than race or drive crazy. Just different perspectives man!

Oh, ok, I thought all problems could be blamed on PENNDOT. It seems a lot of the smaller, older towns and cities in PA do the one-way street thing, There are quite a few in Western PA.

I mean wide angle as in, they shine backwards. Those have an LED setup where all of them are facing the same direction. There is no light aimed at the reflector of the tail light. So you just end up with this dot when the "bulb" is illuminated. I ordered a pair of wide angle LED bulbs to use as a 3rd brake light a while back. I got them because ALL of the LEDs point off to the sides so they light up the reflector instead of shining straight through the lens. They would probably be OK except that they won't fit through the hole for the bulb! I had to put the bulb in from the reflector side which meant I had to remove the whole assembly from the back dash to install it. So theres now way they would work in the tail lights unless I wanted to cut and re-solder every LED so that it was closer to the center of the bulb.

Where were you planning to use the bulbs? If you were planning to use them in the turn signals the bulbs will set back far enough to catch any reflection from the bezel. Dome lights really just project out and don't have any chrome reflection bezel as well as the license plate lights.

I've wanted to do an all LED tail light, turn signal, and marker light setup since I got this car.

Do you have any pictures of the LEDs installed in a car? Any car should do I think, as long as there's a clear shot of the tail lights with the lights on.

I've wanted to do an all LED tail light, turn signal, and marker light setup since I got this car.

Do you have any pictures of the LEDs installed in a car? Any car should do I think, as long as there's a clear shot of the tail lights with the lights on.
I don't have any pictures yet since the bulbs just came out. However, there were several LvC members buy some so I'm hoping they will post pictures once installed.

Members online

Back