Rear View Camera?

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello people.

I know few of you have a rear camera installed on your LS', somebody had it in their trunk lock. But I cant seam to find the picture of it.

Anybody has em, could you post some pictures?

I want to put a camera on my Pioneer Navi/DVD unit.

Thanks.

2339562_18_full.jpg

2339562_63_full.jpg

My Camera is installed right in my plate. Most people can't tell because it hides really well.

Thanks guys

Gary, what kind of camera is that? Will it work with pioneer?

The license plate frame is slick, but I don't want to change mine out, I would rather put it instead of the lock.

i just installed mine today. i did it symetrically on the other side of the keyhole. it looks pretty good and it wasn't that difficult to install. the drilling was the easiest part and the wiring was a little more difficult. i'll post up some piks 2morrow as i just did it today

What camera did you use?? Can you tell me the brand and the model?

Ive got one too but mine is alot bigger then everyone ive seen, here it is in my tag also, (does the one's above have night vision?)
th_backupcamera001.jpg

th_backupcamera004.jpg

th_backupcamera003.jpg

I got it on ebay for like $40 and it even has night vision lol

Thanks guys

Gary, what kind of camera is that? Will it work with pioneer?

The license plate frame is slick, but I don't want to change mine out, I would rather put it instead of the lock.

Picture 230.jpg

Picture 231.jpg

Picture 233.jpg

Picture 234.jpg

Picture 235.jpg

to be honest i don't remember the brand of the camera and i threw away the box it came in. i got it for like 40 bucks as well. the night vision thing is kinda b.s. cuz all it really does is turn the lights on which is the same as the reverse lights turning on anyway(i don't have one of those cameras btw, just a plain camera one). i had it on in the night time and while i could see distinct figures and definately the blinding lights from the cars in the rear it was not clear enough to rely upon, but i must say i still like it. it's definately a day-time camera. i hooked it up to a toggle switch so i can have it on simultaneously with my audio still going on. i previously said the install was difficult for me just because i was missing a plug on my d300 brain so i had to tap in the "ghetto" way, lol. other than that it's pretty straight forward

Picture 230.jpg

Picture 231.jpg

Picture 233.jpg

Picture 234.jpg

Picture 235.jpg

Wow... thanks Rick. Camera itself is something I am looking for. I gotta look on ebay.

i got mine on century and 11th, i'm sure you know the spot. if you want i'll go with you since they know me down there and they hook me up whenever i go down. let me know.

Thanks Rick, I'll let you know.

But, I still didn't quiet understand how you connect the camera to the unit. My pioneer has that feature on it, there is even a botton on it reads "REAR", I don't remember the back though... Is there a harness that connects to the camera or what?

if you get a rear view camera, get the rear view mirror with the screen in that. that way you can watch behind you when you are getting pulled over and watch t.v separately.

Good idea eastcoast, but I don't want more than one screen in my LS. Also, I hardly watch any videos with this one. Plus, the looks of the screened up mirrors makes me wanna throw it somewhere far away.

Imagine if I would put one of those 17" monitors in the roof and connect it to the camera, cop could probably see himself while pulling me over. lol.

haha that is the only d/advantage to the screened mirror, they are so over sized and hideous

Members online

Back