I just hit a Mattress on Road.....

DMcBrideBoston

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
and punctured the oil pan.

Its obviously dark out, so I cant see, is there anything blocking the oil pan from an easy or not too bad removal/install from happening..

Like K member or Front Bar?

Anyone had to replace one before?

I believe the oil pan comes in two sections on these. Hopefully you just got the bottom section. From what I remember last time I was under the car, the lower part should come off pretty easily. Might have to take down some of the plastic splash shields.

Thanks for above reply....

Update: Got it into shop today and mechanic hasnt had a chance to check yet, but it looks like it's dirty transmission fluid and not oil.

This is great news for me so far...

Hopefully it was just a few lines, but even if its the pan it should be too bad at all right?

I can see why they threw the mattress out--it must have been very hard!

I can see why they threw the mattress out--it must have been very hard!

LMAO

Mattress was being transported in the back of a pickup truck along with a few dressers and a box spring. Mattress fell off, I ran over it..

I replaced the oil pan on my LS this summer. It is very easy to do and there is nothing in the way. It took about 15 min.

Well guys it turned out to be black trans fluid, it damaged the tranny cooler.

My question is...

Has anyone ever used an aftermarket (B&M) cooler in its place. like in between the radiator and the ac condenser?

I have fitment worries.

Thanks so much

Dave

So.....the idiot transporting the matress, he/she is paying for your repairs, correct?

So.....the idiot transporting the matress, he/she is paying for your repairs, correct?

the mexicans in old pickup bounced as soon as I hit it, no plates...

I lose...

they were prolly illegals

all outta pocket hence the above Q about the B&M

the mexicans in old pickup bounced as soon as I hit it, no plates...

I lose...

they were prolly illegals

all outta pocket hence the above Q about the B&M

Get a CHL like myself and track them down, that wouldn't fly with me.

BTW...was the matress worth a damn?

I seen a bus hit a mattress once. That was cool but your case sounds like it just flat out sucks.

nope...I :q:q:q:qed it up prettty good....it was stuck under the car when the tow truck came, in between the two wheels, sideways....

Sucked...

The reason I ask is because a buddy of mine hit a mattress on the road too but when he stopped to take a look at his car and the mattress it turned out to be a tempur-pedic wrapped in high quality plastic and the truck drive never knew it fell off... so he took it home; I'd gladly run over one of those!

The reason I ask is because a buddy of mine hit a mattress on the road too but when he stopped to take a look at his car and the mattress it turned out to be a tempur-pedic wrapped in high quality plastic and the truck drive never knew it fell off... so he took it home; I'd gladly run over one of those!

lmao, that'd be some good luck....

I dont have any of that:mad:

Members online

Back