trip to junkyard......Q on conti 4.6

shiryu0

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
well found this '94 for sale there ^_^ ........dent on door, small dent on trunk lid were 'Mark VIII' emblem is at, front seats under seat covers, you can see the bottom of the driver seat torn though.......radio was taken out.........front air is shot.......pass. side marker missing, they want $1500 for it..............i cant remember the miles on it.........grille is in one piece! :)

Photo0393Medium.jpg

* found this '99 Continental.........i know the block wont work, i can use the heads right???? are these B heads or C heads??? its all there except 4 COP's somebody took...........

Photo0397Medium.jpg

Photo0396Medium.jpg

and found this in the yard, hadnt been there in two months.........this thing had been sitting for sale for about a year, guess nobody wanted it :( .....................

Photo0394Medium.jpg

Last edited:
I'm with mespock. No way I'd pay 1500 or anything close to that for that thing .

I hate working on my old '95 because there's no room to really get at stuff. I couldn't imagine working on that Conti lol

A 4R70W wont bolt up to a conti 4.6 DOHC, and I think they are B heads because that motor is identical to a mark VIII and that intake only bolts to a B heads.

Sometime in 99, ford started using the "C" heads in the continental. They manufactured an adapter, to allow the "B" head intake manifold to bolt to the "C" head. This would be good for someone who wants to do a "C" head conversion and get rid of the imrc's, but still use the original intake manifold. I'm not sure on the block. I know you can't use the front cover.

I think $750 tops for the Mark VIII. I have passed on a few around here in similar condition that were less than a grand.

Bone yards are great fun! Buy a few bits....and steal a few bits! Lol. :shifty:

* found this '99 Continental.........i know the block wont work, i can use the heads right???? are these B heads or C heads??? its all there except 4 COP's somebody took...........

C heads. The heads and intake will bolt right up under a Gen-I. If you can get them dirt cheap and install them yourself it might be worth it...

should be the same, except the cams, no?..........gonna go back this week and see how much i can get them for.......its gonna be FUN getting them out :shifty: ..........lolol

thats cool tell us how much he wants cuz i am thinking of doing a C head swap to. And cuz there out of a linclon he might be to dumb to know they are the same as a cobra and sell em cheaper.

$80 per head, any head, OHC's.......pushrod heads.....were......i dont remember........lol

so yeah $160ish for both...........probably gonna go tear it down next weekend

:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back