Am I Smoking Crack?!

Iwantmymarkback

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling my Mark VIII. It's just not what I want, or need now. It's a hard car to maintain and I don't want to keep up with it anymore. I'm not going to a little piss-ass rice rocket now. Don't get me wrong here. I loved my Lincoln but I'm done with it.

Is $7500 a reasonable price for this car? It's SUPER clean, and was always maintained. New brakes front and back, shockmounts are okay, air-ride is perfect. No broken buttons, not missing anything. Both sets of 10 Spokes, and very mechanically sound. Always taken care of like I said.

The bad, The seat doesn't move sometimes... but I can fix that no problem. I'm going to replace the seat track.

Realisticly, am I smoking crack asking that price?

-Rick

you forgot to ad that it is a hard car to maintain lol
we know what you mean
maybe buy a cheap towncar or crownvic(they take a beatin)

hey rick, yes you are smoking crack :)

I searched all of the east coast craiglists (check my thread for the link) here is what I found for 97 mark viii the most expensive ones were lsc's with
78,000 miles for $5500
60,000 miles for $5600
93,000 miles for $6000

I spend a lot of time searching craigs list, I think the top price for a 97 base that is not mint is around 4000-5000.

You could get like 8-9k in canada, if you live close to the border you could try putting some ad's in the ontario craigslist. the canadian dollar has parity with the us dollar so most canadians with a brain are buying cars from the states right now. you could always email some dealerships who might want to trade or buy it

The only good news is that in a couple years the market will be flooded with fast mark's people put thousands and thousands into the motor and we can buy them dirt cheap...well not good news for guys with 12sec marks

toke, toke, pass! The problem is your are screwing up the rotation. Most groups would put the beat down on you for that, but since you're a fellow member we'll let it go :shifty:

toke, toke, pass! The problem is your are screwing up the rotation. Most groups would put the beat down on you for that, but since you're a fellow member we'll let it go :shifty:

hah hits it...dude its to much unless it has like 30 thousand miles on it and its mint.

Members online

No members online now.
Back