My newest mod

styledyversatyle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Check this out.Pleas excuse my wife its monday morning in this pic

piss on vick.jpg

June 2007 015shrnk.JPG

APBT according to the SPCA but as a pupy some ass tryed to raise him to be a fighting dog at an early age, causing injury to his ankles because of weight and jaws.

that's sad to hear. i've been raising and breeding pits since i was around 15 yrs old. i'm 23 now about to be 24. blue-nosed pitbulls w/ full pedigrees. unfortunately i only had one left when i left my moms house and i have to get rid of him. i hate to part with him but it has to be done. here's a real blurry pik back when he was 7 months old. it was a camera phone so that's why it looks that way.

damien.jpg

damien.jpg

I don't deny there are some great dogs who happen to be American pit bulls.

But there is no reason to continue to breed the American Pit Bull. It's a dog that has been breed for fighting. It was created by immigrants with that sole purpose in mind. It's a shame, but to deny the purpose of the dog is foolish. Just like a bloodhound tracks and Doberman has been bred to guard, a pit bull has been breed to have that aggression. You can't deny that genetic engineering.

I don't deny there are some great dogs who happen to be American pit bulls.

But there is no reason to continue to breed the American Pit Bull. It's a dog that has been breed for fighting. It was created by immigrants with that sole purpose in mind. It's a shame, but to deny the purpose of the dog is foolish. Just like a bloodhound tracks and Doberman has been bred to guard, a pit bull has been breed to have that aggression. You can't deny that genetic engineering.

Do you own a dog? If so what kind?

If you knew anything about the breed then it would make sense to talk as if you did, other wise research first.

APBT's are great family dogs from the start. They can also be great dogs around other dogs if socialized early and properly.

They are smart, easliy trained, and can work in nearly all dog jobs. Their will to please their owners is ranked as one of the highest, giving a great urge to succeed, and rarely give up.

Here is my dog Playing with my nephews on the first day they have ever seen the dog.

My dog playing with my uncles Rotties

And my dog at a Puppy Play Group

My dog is 1 year old now and knows already, right from left, leave the room, sit, lay, stay, come, bow, speak, fetch, play dead, let go, and chase his tail, all on command. and learned them faster then the Golden Retreiver i used to have.

I will defend this breed of dog til the end.

So in saying this The thunderbird was originally built to compete against the corvette then it was more of a family car, and now just a coupe.

MTV started just showing Music videos and now they show anything.

Nascar was originally American car racing now they have trucks, and Toyotas

I could go for days, Oh and pit bulls were also used for bull and bear baiting, not just dog fighting that came later.

tugwithboysedt.JPG

thefarmsrnk.JPG

ppgedt.JPG

What I want to know is.......

Which is the newest mod???

The window decal or the baby?
If it's the baby, congratulations.

No need to excuse the wife. She's quite cute for it to be any day of the week.

And congrats on the new addition.

Enjoy your baby.

Check this out.Pleas excuse my wife its monday morning in this pic

Interesting window decal. Personally I never got into the whole Vic thing but I understand why you would.

A little bit of advise for you man... don't let your wife know you posted that picture of her. Or you might be sleeping on that couch.:D

She knows she's cool thats why i married her. The new mods are the baby and the Decal and we just got married 3 weeks ago so technically her too.LOL

Do you own a dog? If so what kind?
I've been a dog owner my entire life. I rescued my dog from an animal shelter.

If you knew anything about the breed then it would make sense to talk as if you did, other wise research first.
As I have. Unfortunately, despite owning the dog, you apparently DO NOT understand it's history or the finer points of selective breeding.

APBT's are great family dogs from the start. They can also be great dogs around other dogs if socialized early and properly.

Your claim that the American Pit Bull was a great family dog from the start is simply ridiculous. They were brought and bred by English and Irish immigrants with the purpose of animal fighting.

As do so many advocates for this breed, you also say "if socialized early and properly" they are great around the family and other dogs. What you mean to say is, "If you train them properly, they can overcome their genetic programing, and probably make for a fine dog." And I would agree with that. As I stated earlier, I have knowns some beautiful APBT's.

But, to put it simply, if you don't actively overcome this disposition, you have a dog with a high predisposition for aggression.

So in saying this The thunderbird was originally built to compete against the corvette then it was more of a family car, and now just a coupe.

MTV started just showing Music videos and now they show anything.

Nascar was originally American car racing now they have trucks, and Toyotas

I could go for days, Oh and pit bulls were also used for bull and bear baiting, not just dog fighting that came later.

Pit bulls were not used solely for bear and bull baiting. Some dogs related to them were, but the APBT were bred from the most aggressive of those dogs with the purpose of dog fighting. But again, you've just acknowledged, THESE DOGS WERE BRED TO FIGHT BEARS AND BULLS. Later they were bred to fight each other.

And you're equating them to Thunderbirds and Corvettes is nonsense. We're dealing with genetics. Traits deemed to be desirable have been enhanced through breeding. In the case of APBT, that aggression is bred into them.

A blood hound has been bred to track. A greyhound has been bred to run. And an APBT has been bred to dog fight. Centuries of breeding have resulted in that animal.

Can it be overcome. Often times it can be with a very responsible owner.

But when there are other bull terrier breeds that don't come with that genetic baggage, why take that risk?

Furthermore, when you have a breed of dog which is so favored by the most irresponsible segments of our society, you find a situation where those traits deemed negative by most of us now are STILL actively being bred into it. Michael Vick is an example of someone doing this. So you have a large segment of the community sabotaging the efforts of the good breeders.

Note, I don't think the dogs should be destroyed. I just think responsible down breeders should retire the breed and focus on some other bull terrier. There's no reason to buy a APBT at this point. It's a huge insurance liability, they have an aggressive disposition, and more often than not it seems like a sad way for too many male owners to "over compensate" for their insecurities.

Why are we discussing this? Should it not be moved at least to the off topic forum? I do agree, being around the breed my whole life they are great animals no matter what they get in reputation. There are plenty of other breeds that can act out in the same way as these that have not been breed for fighting purpose.

Viva la Pit Bull!

I like all animals and think they pretty much are all cool..in there own way. Was kinda raised that way.

Can't comment one way or the other on pits, but do find Petsmarts Doggy Daycare program to have an interesting policy. They refuse to accept all dogs of the following:

Dogs in the "bully breed" classification (e.g. American Pit Bull Terriers, Miniature Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Bull Dogs, Bull Terriers or mixed breeds that have the appearance or characteristics of one of these breeds).

It is being discussed because he brought it up..........

Why are we discussing this? Should it not be moved at least to the off topic forum? I do agree, being around the breed my whole life they are great animals no matter what they get in reputation. There are plenty of other breeds that can act out in the same way as these that have not been breed for fighting purpose.

Viva la Pit Bull!

I too am a dog and overall animal lover. But I will agree with everything that Calabrio has stated. APBT's have been bred with one purpose in mind. To kill and or maim other fighting dogs. Even if you attempt to train or breed it out of them, it will always be a recessive trait. Even the Pit Bull Rescue Society used to have a disclaimer on their website that stated "It is not whether or not your Pit Bull will attack, but when and what your Pit Bull will attack." I do not think that all Pits should be put down either, but that they should be allowed to expire as a breed.

By the way, beautiful child, beautiful bride, and beautiful dog. Hopefully you are the 1/10th of 1% owner of the pit that will not attack. I would hate to be in your shoes if your pit joins the other ones in its breed who attacks, maims, or kills a member of its own family. You have a lot to lose. Why use your family to prove the rest of us wrong?

On the flip side, the OP has most likely had that pit since it was a pup. The old saying "dog is man's best friend" can be true. Dog's are like part of the family. NOt saying the dog is more valuable then the wife/baby..but if he's had it since a pup, he's just as close to it as a kid/best pal.

Pit bulls are a great family pet from the get start. Its a myth that APBT bite more people than other breeds. I have a book that says that in Dallas, Texas from 1980 to 1987 there were 1,593 dog bites of those only 30 were from "pit bulls" thats in quotation marks because people call dogs pit bulls if they have similar characteristics. in fact APBT loyalty to humans is what made it a good fighting dog along with a couple of the other traits such as strong jaws, gameness and tenacity.

Dog biting no big deal, Pit Bull Biting Big media ratings.

My boss just told me that her Aunt was in the hospital for her Lab riping her stomach nearly completely open because she tried to clean its food dish but it wasnt in the news.

People do breed dogs to fight but its not a genetic trait. It is on the other hand traits that make up a good fighting dog.

I garauntee that if you give me the off spring of the top fighting pit bull as a puppy, he does not end up a fighter, as a matter of fact with the traits that this dog is likely to have would make him a great dog in other categories i would be able to possibly show or compete in other "non-violent" events and have a very high chance of dominating the most of the competitions.

There is no official name of the breed in ancient roman times, but a dog similar to a very large APBT was said to have been a War companion in the ancient Roman empire. Dog fighting only came with the development of mechanical weapons, Then the dog was used as a guard dog and hunter of wolves, bears, and other large "beasts". Then in seeing the tenacity of this dog they finally used the dogs for bear and bull baiting. the dog got smaller over the years due to them realizing the bulls could get there horns under the larger dogs inturn making the smaller pit bull like dog, between selective traits for what ever was better for what ever sport the dogs began to split from bull dogs to mastiff type dogs and somewhere between there were the APBT.

Recessive traits is only a fraction of anything. If your dad was a murderer would you be likely to be one too.

Sorry to carry this on but I really like Dogs and would try to stick up for any dog that was being battered with its bad rap

I do on the other hand understand why people are weary of the breed, because stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. But still dont judge all books by there cover or movies by ratings

Last edited:
two pancakes.

APBT's Are the best dog around, hands down!

Congrats on the Wifey and baby,

And I agree this is a car forum, but if its gonna go on lets see some more pics of these amazing dogs,

Baylee at 4 months old ...Moved back home dad didnt want another dog so I had to give her away, sweetest dog Ive ever been around or owned!
Picture031.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture025.jpg

100_1897.jpg

100_1902.jpg

866963839_l.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back