Can Anyone Gimme A Diaganosis Strange Stuff!!!

lincolnman84

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I need some help with this one if anyone can. I have a 95 Lincoln TC Exec. and it has some weird problems. While im going down the road it seems like the the car wants to go really fast like im slammin my foot to the floor and sometimes it seems as if it wants to just hold me back for a second, and it kinda sounds like the engine is surging but not sure. It doesnt do this all the time at all, it did it like crazy when i drove back from a long trip today and i filled up at the pump and tried to get it to do it again because i thought it was a loosed wire and vibration was causing it to short, but i go back out and could barely feel it doing it like it wanted to let loose but held back. I have no basis for the problem it doesnt do it at a certain speed or anything no repetition at all is why i cant pinpoint it. I had it put on one of the top of the line snap on scanners transmission and engine and all and he said it showed no codes i just needed a major tune-up but i dont think its that. Can ANYONE PLZ HELP??!! I love this thing and i know its somethin small its just a trouble shooting type of thing.

No Codes? Is the CEL lamp working? It should light with the first key on just showing that it works.

Nope man, no codes, cel seems to be working as well , a new thought someone mentioned was catalytic converter but damn this early? it has 129k miles

I had that sort of trouble before with mine. It was like it was pulling and revving when you hit the brake. Sometimes I had to kick my back in neutral for it to release. It was some sort of censor. Not too expensive to fix though.

yea im thinking i loose wire making bad connection causing it to short out, because not too long ago my light under hood was flashing leading me to think that it was all one problem that was causing this

Light under hood flashing

That's often just the mercury switch behind the light going off and on, trying to detect if the hood is open or not when the hood is vibrating a little after just having been raised.

If it stops after a little while (when the vibrating settles down), or if you can make it stay on solid by pushing the hood a little more open (also stopping the vibration), then that's all it is.

Members online

No members online now.
Back