Window Regulator Help!!!

alnih12

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, I haven't been on this forum for quite a while and I should have gotten on here a week or so ago when my window went out on me. I've just been to caught up in the everyday stresses of life. Anyways I am growing quite tired of my window falling down on me all of the time...It fell off track a week ago and I looked at it and I believe it is the window regulator.I got an estimate for aroundd 325 for parts and labor, I haven't really looked into the price for the actual regulator itself. My question is has anyone installed a window regulator on their LS, if so could you help me out in how you did it or is their a link anywhere for the instructions on how to do so...I appreciate all the help for you guys...

i replaced the regulator on my back window by myself and it was pretty easy. i brought my car in for the front one since i realized i still had time on my after market warranty. my best advise is to try and get ahold of the service manual, it explains how to do it along with pictures.

Why even bother posting?

Ask yourself that question. I figured I would just give him a heads up. Whats wrong with that? If he has no warranty and wants to do it himself he should get used to it. No harm ment, some people got some sensitive wet spots.

Has anybody replaced there regulator with the one they sell on ebay for around 50 bucks? You see them all over on there. I was going to buy one to use but didnt know if its one of those things your better off spending the extra money on and getting OEM. Sorry to jack this thread but i thought it tied in with it.

if its one of those things your better off spending the extra money on and getting OEM. Sorry to jack this thread but i thought it tied in with it.

i think with the LS its better to stick with OEM everything.

www.teamfordparts.com

I ordered one and replaced it last week. (rear/passenger) Works great. About $60 after shipping... mabye $55.

Window regulators are known to go bad in LSs, so be prepared.

Oh, and pulling the door off... You'll think you are about to break the door trying to pull it off once you remove the screws (dont forget the once down INSIDE the little handle... there's a flap)... just pull straight out. Chances are you'll break 1-3 of the plastic carriage-bolts. No worries, though.

my dealership told me 150 for the parts, and 300 for labor, I found the part online for 55 and I think Im going to try it myself, if not a buddy told me 60 bucks and he will do it.

my dealership told me 150 for the parts, and 300 for labor, I found the part online for 55 and I think Im going to try it myself, if not a buddy told me 60 bucks and he will do it.

You might need a hand since you are dealing with a slightly tight place and GLASS, but if you have any mechanical know-how, you'll be fine. I'd offer your buddy some beer just to have the extra hands around. :)

I had to replace the back passenger door regulator. I bought the regulator from ford it was around $55 and had it in stock. Then I had a bodyshop change it and I think they charged me around $60 in labor. It didn't cost near as much as I was thinking.

I just replaced the driver side window regulator in my ls about a month ago. Yea the dealership wanted $326 to replace it. To be honest, it is easy. I ordered the part from teamford for $110 and that included shipping. The guy even sent me the instructions to my email on how to replace it. But if you are somewhat mechanically inclinded, you can look at it and figure it out.

Just buy the regulator for about $60 at the dealer and put it in yourself. Be Careful with the little plug that goes thru the window glass to hold the plastic attachment. Easy job, just take your time.

drivers side window just fell inside the door

I tried to open the window last night, and instead got a loud crackling sound and no movement. I left it alone and went in for the night. went outside 10 minutes ago to find the window down about two inches. I tried to push it back up, instead it free fell all the way inside the door. Forecast is predicting snow for tomorrow here in michigan, what can I do?

Does this sound like the well known window regulator problem? any advice on getting the door open and the window back up?

also, in th meantime, any idea on what I can use to cover the window?

I found these two walkthroughs on fixing it: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=31064&highlight=window+regulator

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=25687

but crap, now I've got to get a torx wrench,....and my car has an open window.

I tried to open the window last night, and instead got a loud crackling sound and no movement. I left it alone and went in for the night. went outside 10 minutes ago to find the window down about two inches. I tried to push it back up, instead it free fell all the way inside the door. Forecast is predicting snow for tomorrow here in michigan, what can I do?

Does this sound like the well known window regulator problem? any advice on getting the door open and the window back up?

also, in th meantime, any idea on what I can use to cover the window?

I found these two walkthroughs on fixing it: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=31064&highlight=window+regulator

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=25687

but crap, now I've got to get a torx wrench,....and my car has an open window.

I'd get some plastic sheeting up fast, and then make an appointment with the dealer.

ya new regulator. hit up a junk yard see if you could get one or buy one, then either replace it, or find the broken piece on the original window regulator and utilize the same piece from the working regulator

Members online

Back