Shock mount help

Battery

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm changing out the rear shock mounts and have run into a problem. I am trying to get the nut off the top of the shock but it is spinning the upper section of the shock. The lower section is still attached to the car. Anybody have an idea?

Tried vice grips and channel locks to no avail. I even took it out and stuck the end in a vice. All I've accomplished is turning the shaft and chewing up the threads. Tomorrow I'm going to take them to a shop and have the nuts impacted off. I wish I owned air tools.

Tomorrow I'm going to take them to a shop and have the nuts impacted off. I wish I owned air tools.

Been there done that... I've haven't had the problem on the lat times I've changed mine out. But air tools would be the ticket... I'm saving for a new compressor as Danny and I have the tools.... we just need enough air...

Tried vice grips and channel locks to no avail. I even took it out and stuck the end in a vice. All I've accomplished is turning the shaft and chewing up the threads. Tomorrow I'm going to take them to a shop and have the nuts impacted off. I wish I owned air tools.

Took mine to a shop, they changed 'em out in 30 min. Only charged me 30 min, too. :eek:

You probably missed the flat edges on that bolt in the middle, you'll need a large crescent wrench to hold it but you can hold it to take the nut off.

You probably missed the flat edges on that bolt in the middle, you'll need a large crescent wrench to hold it but you can hold it to take the nut off.

Sure make him feel bad...:D

Took mine to a shop, they changed 'em out in 30 min. Only charged me 30 min, too. :eek:

Bummer... mine was done free... But that was just to losen the nut... did the rest myself.:p

Members online

Back