Hey Now, new LS owner/member LVC

05'LSRN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello Gang,

Been reading this site since I got my 2005 Lincoln LS V8 in June. Was able to snatch this gem up for 20k, with only 21k miles on it. ( my friends think I'm lying about how cheap it was ) This is the nicest car I've ever owned. I find myself sorry to see my garage when driving it. LOL.

I'm not much of a speed demon, but I must say I love the power of the V8 engine, and was sold by the "cooled" seats for the summertime. I have been looking at all your pics and have a question. If I was to put 20" rims on my car, would this in anyway disrupt the warranty? Don't really have money for upgrades yet, ( just started my car payments) But I would someday like some nicer rims.
Any major problems, anyone has had with the Lincoln LS? I got the vehicle certified, so I have 75k/6 year warranty. I so love this car, I'm sorry Lincoln had to "upgrade" to the MKS or whatever it's called. Think they really messed up giving up the LS. They would certainly have had a repeat buyer here.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and compliment you all on your beauty rides. Someday, I'll post some pics of my "pimpmobile" haha. Ellen.

Welcome!

The cooled seats are one of the "coolest" features of this car. I had an '02 V8LS that was black. It was really hot so when I came across my '06, it was the color I originally wanted, plus the cooled seats, I was sold.

Enjoy the your LS! :cool:

Mokena, IL about 25-30 minutes from Lisle! welcome, now we really have to get a Chicago meet goin, theres a good 20 of us!

20's wont do anything wrong to your warranty or car. And yes there are lots of problems but your year seems to not be so abundant with them but since you have the warranty your covered for just about all the common problems anyway. Welcome good luck..

Dealerships might not accept warranty claims on the suspension, since the larger wheels do cause more stress than the stock wheels. Warranties are usually based on normal driving conditions and bigger heavier wheels could go against the warranty.

When you need suspension work, just change the wheels before going to the dealership. Don't let them know about the larger wheels, so they can't use it against you.

Midas is correct, what the dealer don't know the dealer can't refuse.

I had no troubles getting my suspension fixed, even had a compliment on the fitment and looks of my wheels. As long as everything is the same overall diameter and not exceeding it by no more than 20% they told me I was alright at any dealership but that don't go to say it may turn out into a headache for some dealerships that are stubborn.

But it may be wise to do so just in case. You never know with these guys, they didn't blame the suspension on my wheels but thought they could blame my misfire on them.

Thank you for the info. I've noticed some (tiny) paint chips. Doesn't seem to be from a scratch or anything. It's the ceramic pearlescent tri-coat. Will they charge me to touch this up, or is it covered on the warranty??? If anyone knows, please reply, or I will just call Lincoln if not. Thanks again.

Thank you for the info. I've noticed some (tiny) paint chips. Doesn't seem to be from a scratch or anything. It's the ceramic pearlescent tri-coat. Will they charge me to touch this up, or is it covered on the warranty??? If anyone knows, please reply, or I will just call Lincoln if not. Thanks again.

I had the same paint issue on my hood and on my door handles, it was little white spots everywhere. Lincoln has a corrosion warranty but the way I handled it is that I got in really good with my dealership and they did not charge me for the paint work or the rental car. They even picked up the tax on the rental. Of course, my car was still under factory warranty and I know the body shop manager personally.

Members online

No members online now.
Back