filter says Pro-Flow...

BigWaveDave

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well apparently the previous owner has installed a cold air intake filter.It says pro-flow on it where the conical filter attaches.Has anyone heard of this setup?Also I believe that the next thing i want is an insulated "cold box" to cut down on hot air intake.Also the air tube that goes down and under the bumper...is this air supply for the previous air filter set up?And if so where does the air go in? I couldnt find the beginning of this "air tube"I know these might be deemed as dumb questions by some but ones I want answers to none-the-less.Thanks

Lincoln Motorsport sells cold air boxes. (speak to ONEBADMK8) That thing under the bumper is the air silencer for the old intake. Its a large plastic box with a trumpet on the end which draws air through the bottom of the bumper. Many people remove this and it can be accessed through the removal of the fender liner.

ok but if my filter set up has been changed then do i still need to remove the silencer?doesnt the tube provide air to the air filter and would it supply air to the future ice box?

If the silencer is removed you are left with a gaping hole so there would be no problem with air getting to the filter. Some believe that the silencer is a restriction in itself and is better removed. Have a look in the archives, im sure there is plenty of intake info there.

I dont mean to start anything but, if you have a conical filter, and you enclose it with the proper air dam so it wont draw hot underhood air, if you dont remove the silencer from under the fender you have effectively not improved the air restriction at all with the conical filter mod. If you think about it, the engine must still draw air through the elephant trunk restriction.

Not true, there is a large opening it the front behind the headlight. The removal of the silencer my help as well.

you guys are all wrong, the sticker adds the horsepower by at least 10hp to the wheels and doesn't restrict the flow of air but actually sucks it in! Just ask Mespock! :shifty:

:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back