• Missing a little bit something...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dubs

LVC Member
Reaction score
Strange.....is it me?
I need to replace my front struts for my '96 continental. I cant seem to find these parts listed online. I checked w/ Arnott Inc & Strut masters websites to no avail. Anyone know where i can purchase struts for my '96 continental? thanks! :L

Lincoln Continental '96 update

Sifrino3 said:

I just called Rob from Strutmasters.
He was helpful in explaining to me a few options.
Here's my take:

My problem:
I need to replace the air kit, struts and/or airbag for my '96 Continental.
OEM parts from dealership are too high. (Mike from 5 star has great discounts on OEM) I am awaiting his email on prices/parts I sent to him yesterday.

From Strutmasters:
There are 2 types of Kits I can get:
Passive or Activie (Electronic)

Passive does away with the airbag ontop of the front struts. The airbag is replaced with coils. Price to get all 4 tires converted from electronic to passive is around $599.

If I wanted to still use the computerized settings for car ride (plush, firm, normal) I would have to get an electronic strut kit. This kit would include coils plus the electronic strut. Price for all (4) tires is approx $1100.

I'm trying to weight the cost/benefit. Are there any other drivers out there that have installed new Airkits? Whats your feedback on this change? Any other feedback would be appreciated.

BTW, thanks for the link Sifrino!

did you check struts r us? They have the coil conversion kits - I think a lil less then $600.

Arnott does have the air bags for your car - but only the bags - Im not sure how that works - but they have them.

Tell both your calling from LVC.

Oh - whats with the polls on every post dude?

Joeychgo said:
did you check struts r us? They have the coil conversion kits - I think a lil less then $600.

Arnott does have the air bags for your car - but only the bags - Im not sure how that works - but they have them.

Tell both your calling from LVC.

Oh - whats with the polls on every post dude?

Thanks Joey
I did tell Rob at Strutmasters that I am a member of LVC. He wasnt aware but was willing to give me an additional discount. I told him about the community of Lincoln & Cadillac enthusiast and sent him the website address.
I'll keep this thread updated on which kit i go for. Plus check out the other vendors on this site.

oh...for the polls. I'm trying to see if responses to questions are useful. If they can help someone out, then they could respond. :)

Thanks for ur feedback though!

Members online

Back