What size speakers!!!!!

lincolnman84

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me the sizes of all the speakers in a 95 town car front rear and whatever other ones there are

Subs

TownCar dude how do you get to the subs and where are they, and what do you mean by coax, sorry man im not to familiar with hookin up cars i have never owned a good enough one worth doin it til now

Last edited:
....how do you get to the subs and where are they
....what do you mean by coax

My bad.. CoAx is old school for Two Way... In the JBL link above, the recommendation is 2 way in the front, and 3 way in the rear. A 'way' was considered at one time to be any 'way' the sound can be produced, including ports and dummy cones. These days, a 'way' is more commonly known as separate transducers, coils, and cones. A 3 way would have three separate speakers integrated into any assembly - Woofer, Midrange, and Tweeter.

The sub-box is mounted directly above the spare tire in the trunk, if you have one. Someone on these Lincoln forums opened that sub-box and replaced the speakers, I just don't remember where it was posted.

You the man

preciate it man ill use all this in my buying, i thought that thing in the back was a factory amp guess not

...i thought that thing in the back was a factory amp guess not

Woah.....
There sure is a factory Amp in the back, also an RCU (radio control unit), one on either side of the spare tire. These are both shiny metal boxes.

There's also, if equipped, a Sub Box. It's black plastic and located directly above the spare tire.

Bypass Amp

Well let me ask you this one more thing, i had a cd player installed and they told me they had to do a by-pass on the amp i think, does that mean that now i have no amp at all

Well let me ask you this one more thing, i had a cd player installed and they told me they had to do a by-pass on the amp i think, does that mean that now i have no amp at all

Sounds like you had a new head unit installed. Adding a CD changer to our cars where there wasn't one installed from the factory is not a simple task; Ford (in their infinite wisdom) neglected to add the changer harness unless there was a changer.

Yes, with a new head unit, most installers will bypass the amp with an adapter (sold separately) to avoid problems.
Yes, that means you're not using the Amp.

Most folks will replace the whole system when doing upgrades so that they can take advantage of todays technology, match new power to new speakers, upgrade wires, etc.

Members online

No members online now.
Back