latest/greatest intake

Do you really need someone to come to you with a blown engine before you do something to better your product? Be proactive and fix this issue before it causes you problems. I am VERY surprised no one has had issues with this yet. Or maybe they had issues but did not know where they stemmed from. I am telling you now that there is a big flaw in your intake tube kit and I highly suggest that you fix it. All it can do is make your product better.

What I reccomend is not a frivolous cost, it is something that is neccessary for proper operation, through good seal, of that MAFS with the vehicle.

OK. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about here. There is no way in hell that you will blow your engine with an intake tube and an aftermarket filter. I think you just do not have the automotive knowledge to know how to clean the damn filter right. I think you put too much oil on the filter, you ran the car, oil got sucked up into the valves and that is what blew your engine.

You can't expect him to fix a flaw that you created. I had this tube, never had a problem...my friend put this tube on a Jaguar S-type and never had a problem... 99.9% of people on this forum havent had problems with this product...

Maybe you just bought a United States hunk of S***? Did you ever think of that? The LS is notorious for idiotic problems like this...it's a FORD, what can you expect? FORD has more lemons than a Latin American Lemon facility, so maybe you should do a little research on why this problem occured, and ask someone a little more knowledgable about cars before accusing KEN for blowing your engine, when clearly it's not his fault.

We will look into the issue you have raised but someone having a blown engine will not be caused by the intake tube OR the KKM kit. If you have any other issues with me about this item I suggest you email me directly. We have not had issues with this intake setup as you have seen from other people that have it on this website. Also, contrary to what you think we have not "cornered" the market on these units. KKM makes the intake kits and ASMI makes the intake tubes. Both can be purchased from them individually but we sell them at the same price.

Considering the original topic has gone off course I'm sure the original poster has got more information that they have deserved.

A blown engine will not result from a properly installed intake tube or KKM kit. A blown engine can result from unmetered air entering the engine from a faulty intake which in turn will cause a lean condition which can and usually does lead to detonation. In this case I label this as a faulty intake due to the MAF being connected in a totally unacceptable manner to the intake tube. Ken, sorry to say but you are not a tuner and are not likely to be very experienced with building performance cars so stop assuming like you know what you are talking about here. This has gone far enough and I am tired of you claiming to know what you are talking about here. You may be a vendor but that does not qualify what you say. You obviously do not understand these cars well enough if you say that a blown engine cannot result from unmetered air entering the intake. I may look like a newby due to my post count here but I can assure you that I am likely to have years more experience with building and tuning performance vehicles.

Having a market cornered is not a bad thing and that comment was meant more as a compliment than as a shot. In reality you more or less to have allot of the LS market cornered with your business due to your name being out there among the LS crowd and that can only be a good thing. I think you may have misunderstood me there.

Ken, so far it is not looking too good on that Mustang forum I mentioned. I have posted pictures and an explanation of your intake system in the thread in there and am doing a poll. So far 80% of the people polled are in agreement with the point of view that your system is in need of something to better seal the MAF to the tube. I imagine that percentage will go drastically up once more people see the thread. If you would like, I can post the link to the thread in there so you have an opportunity to present "your side" of things if you feel the need to do so? If you prefer me not to then I will understand.

Once again, I tried to be nice and give constructive feedback to you but it seems you do not want to hear it. By doing so you are putting your customers at a disadvantage. Ken I suggest you take my advice, whether something has happened or not, and do something about this. It is a simple and relatively inexpensive fix that will only serve to better your product.

Ken if you would prefer I can call you directly on your business number so there is minimal chance of miscommunication. I am a very civil fella and only am trying to help you out here.

OK. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about here. There is no way in hell that you will blow your engine with an intake tube and an aftermarket filter. I think you just do not have the automotive knowledge to know how to clean the damn filter right. I think you put too much oil on the filter, you ran the car, oil got sucked up into the valves and that is what blew your engine.

You can't expect him to fix a flaw that you created. I had this tube, never had a problem...my friend put this tube on a Jaguar S-type and never had a problem... 99.9% of people on this forum havent had problems with this product...

Maybe you just bought a United States hunk of S***? Did you ever think of that? The LS is notorious for idiotic problems like this...it's a FORD, what can you expect? FORD has more lemons than a Latin American Lemon facility, so maybe you should do a little research on why this problem occured, and ask someone a little more knowledgable about cars before accusing KEN for blowing your engine, when clearly it's not his fault.

Jeff, I never said that an intake tube or KKM in itself will blow an engine if installed properly. What I did say is that is an intake is NOT installed properly (aka no connector from MAF to tube) then unmetered air will enter the system and a lean condition WILL result. If the leak is bad enough then that lean condition will have a very large propensity to cause detonation due to the air fuel ratio being screwed up and likely extremely lean. Given the conditions it can cause an engine to blow.

I do not even have a Gen 1 LS, I have a Gen 2 actually. I have not blown any engine here so I do not know what you are talking about. Try to read my posts again before coming to any conclusions like that.

I also do not appreciate the personal shots you are trying to take at me. I am here to give good advice and do not require some peabrain like yourself to add your two cents on something you obviously do not know about.

Once again, have an idea of what I am saying before posting a reply like you did. It is apparent that you did not read my posts in their entirety otherwise you would not have posted in the manner you did.

f150-cold-air-intake.gif

2005%20up%20V6%20001.jpg

cai1.jpg

CAIPics004.jpg

Meister%2004%20Cobra%20Engine%20Bay.jpg

2465221_10.jpg

32_done_3.jpg

WholeIntake.jpg

intake1.jpg

CAIPics002.jpg

206765_161_full.jpg

In all of these pictures do you see one single CAI without two clamps and a rubber or silicone connector upstream of the MAF sensor??? I didn't think so. That is for a reason. :D Like I said, two hose clamps and a rubber or silicone connector and you will be fine. Friction tape, a bracket, or a clamp directly on the back of the hard ABS plastic MAF sensor housing itself will not cut it.

Your funny.

Classic internet forum stuff. The guy who knows nothing misunderstanding the point and trying to put the smart poster in there place.

And then bashes the car that he doesn't have no more.

I just checked my MAF and while the brackets prevent the unit from moving, the traction tape is coming out and potentially a leak. I'll be adding a silicone connector now to complete it.

This is funny really. How can anyone who installed this unit not question that attachment? Look at my thread on installing it. I was being nice about my disappointment with the fitment, just suggesting I fixed it and not picking apart its poor design.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=16678

I also E-mailed you Ken on Sept 25, 06 about the issue where you suggested a "silicone connector", yep you sure did. I showed you the bracket arrangement I made. You suggested letting you know how it holds up. That to me was funny as the way the kit as sent, it would never hold up. On Dec 8, 06 I followed up with informing you they were holding up well and offering you a set to use for duplication which you never responded to.

I can not believe that no one else hasn't had concern for the attachment being a leak. Again by not having a flex point connecting it to the chassis is wrong.

oops! And all of a sudden the problems are resurging...

You wanted complaints, there you have them.

Keep in mind folks. Ken only sells the products, someone else manufacturers them. Ken has little power to make changed to how something is designed.

Keep in mind folks. Ken only sells the products, someone else manufacturers them. Ken has little power to make changed to how something is designed.
That is correct. We do NOT make the intake kits. However, I have sent a link of this discussion to KKM and to ASMI to show them what is being said about their products. Unless they decide to make changes then the products are sold as is from them.

when I first had my alum tube w/ the KKM my MAFS fell off a lot. I'd be driving along and the car would sputter sputter and die. Thankfully never at any great speeds, or while at the track. But upon opening the hood I found that the MAf+KKM had fallen off the intake tube. Even after I cranked the bejeezus out of it. So to fix It I made a cusotm heatshield out of thin steel and cut a hole in it. this helped support the maf and filter combo from the bottom which then prevented the issue, and saved me from harmful heat.
pictures here of my apparatus..
MIXPIX029.gif

MIXPIX033-1.gif

Soon after that I wanted to route the ram air tube to the fitler to get more cold air but I wanted a cleaner more stock apporach, so I cut the alum intake tube a few inches, bought 2 black silicone couplers, and hose clamps, then used the stock airxbox(which the MAF bolts to) and then put a coupler on the end of the maf which met up to the tube. I had plans of poweder coating the tube and TB all black, but ran out of money for that setup. However i cut a hoel in the bottom of the airbox which the ram air tube led to, and wallah, i gained some top end power and never had the fear of having my filter+maf fall off....

Here is the finished product-
LSproject018.gif

good luck getting that thing to "fall off"

So for the orig poster, here is anotehr method you can use, which IMO brought me a lot cooler air, the plastic OEM box insulates better and the KN drop in filter performs well.

P.S. this tube is for sale by me, airbox, pipe, couplers, clamps are FS 235 shipped....
intake.gif

For Ken, here are 3 easy ways to recommend to cutomers that experience a problem,a supportive heatshield, this airbox set up, and of course Jason's brackets. Thats all I got for now haha:)

Yes, but for sake of reputation you should and could add pieces or instructions to correct problems if you know they exist.

Its simple really.

The KKM when installed alone probably is fine as the stock air tube to MAF is retained. The KKM included bracket helps support and because the stock tube has some flex to it and the stock air tube to MAF is solid, I bet these customers have no complaints.

When installing to the Aluminum intake tube are when the KKM supplied bracket should be ditched and another silicone coupler should be supplied. If the silicone coupler was a bellows stlye, then the bracket could be retained. But in there has to be a connector to seal the MAF to the tube. It doesn't fit anywhere tight enough to be airtite and tape fillers are temperary.

My brackets to me really complete it, but not necessary to fix the problem.

I offered to start a thread back in Dec. to show people how to make the brackets at the same time I offered a set to Ken sharing with him that they were working great. This was with private E-mail. He didn't take me up on a set or suggest starting the thread to assist people with the problem. I got no answer.

Would you like me to now? It would include the bracket making with a silicone coupler to absolutely correct any issues I can think off.

Yes, but for sake of reputation you should and could add pieces or instructions to correct problems if you know they exist.

Its simple really.

The KKM when installed alone probably is fine as the stock air tube to MAF is retained. The KKM included bracket helps support and because the stock tube has some flex to it and the stock air tube to MAF is solid, I bet these customers have no complaints.

When installing to the Aluminum intake tube are when the KKM supplied bracket should be ditched and another silicone coupler should be supplied. If the silicone coupler was a bellows stlye, then the bracket could be retained. But in there has to be a connector to seal the MAF to the tube. It doesn't fit anywhere tight enough to be airtite and tape fillers are temperary.

My brackets to me really complete it, but not necessary to fix the problem.

I offered to start a thread back in Dec. to show people how to make the brackets at the same time I offered a set to Ken sharing with him that they were working great. This was with private E-mail. He didn't take me up on a set or suggest starting the thread to assist people with the problem. I got no answer.

Would you like me to now? It would include the bracket making with a silicone coupler to absolutely correct any issues I can think off.
You should wait on that until KKM or ASMI responds to these issues (I have sent them a link to this discussion). If they want to make the changes to their products then that is their perogative. However, if they don't merit the changes then as I said earlier the product will stay as is.

I've from day one backed these products to the nay-sayers. I believe in the HP they have provided and contribute my 1/4mile performance to them. Stood up for the product in the heat soaking arguements. And till now kept my opinion on the design flaws or even lack of completeness silent. I offer to provide free detailed directions to correct and complete for the second time and get turned down.

Thats really lame and so are they.

I quess I am more interested in the LS performance world than they. Sad.

We now have a member who admits his MAF has fallen off leaving him to correct this his own way and thats not a problem? What if engine damage occurred or a accident was caused during the stall?

Oh yeah theres disclaimers for that. Nice.

Is anyone else aware that this happens with allot of intake kits for other cars as well. Its just something that happens. Not many aftermarket Intakes come with everything thats needed like that I have seen some that come with just the tube and filter and thats it. The kits usually have a space to fit the MAF directly on with out having to use the factory MAF housing or what have you call it but still they don't always come with the couplers and the bracket and even tho you wont need a coupler for the MAF and tube to fit together some come in 2 or 3 or more pieces without any couplers at all. Sometimes you need to make do with what you have left over from the stock parts or improvise. I had one made for 100 bucks and it couldn't be any more simple.

This car has the simplest Intake kit to copy I have ever seen in my life and the 03+ is even more simple. That guy didn't give me every single thing needed just the silicone couplers and I had used the bracket that came with the filter and adapter but I just bent it a bit to make it fit better and I never had any problems with the thing coming off ever.

Its not Kens fault but the price for such a simple design and what you get is nuts to have to pay...( no offense ) thats the only problem I see, besides that the design is to simple to get wrong.

Joey,

It is understandable that Ken just sells the product and is not reponsible for manufacture of the tubes themselves. However, it is a vendor's duty to ensure that they only sell properly configured items to their customers. I only sell proper tunes, turbo kits and so on to my customers because I know if I do anything less than that it is my reputation on the line.

The good part is that this is an EASY fix that even a normal, non-mechanic, vendor can do. Just buy two hose clamps and one rubber or silicone connector and throw it in with the intake tube so as to ensure proper seal of the rear of the MAF.

The LSK tube is damn purdy and has the potential to be a GREAT product once it is configured properly. I would hope that such a simple revision such as this will be taken care of so as to ensure no harm to come to LSK's or Ken's reputation as a caring and responsible vendor on here or any other forum.

I've from day one backed these products to the nay-sayers. I believe in the HP they have provided and contribute my 1/4mile performance to them. Stood up for the product in the heat soaking arguements. And till now kept my opinion on the design flaws or even lack of completeness silent. I offer to provide free detailed directions to correct and complete for the second time and get turned down.

Thats really lame and so are they.

I quess I am more interested in the LS performance world than they. Sad.

We now have a member who admits his MAF has fallen off leaving him to correct this his own way and thats not a problem? What if engine damage occurred or a accident was caused during the stall?

Oh yeah theres disclaimers for that. Nice.
If you have a solution for folks that already have the intakes then post what you have. Of course, you already did that on the first page. What I'm referring to is to the intake kits yet to be made. If the manufacturers think there is a need for change then they have the avenue here. I'll support whatever they decide simply because it is their product.

Not many aftermarket Intakes come with everything thats needed like that I have seen some that come with just the tube and filter and thats it. The kits usually have a space to fit the MAF directly on with out having to use the factory MAF housing.

Actually 99% of intake kits I have seen are complete and full units that take care of everything between the TB and the tip of the filter. Including, but not limited to, TB silicone connector, intermediate connector, intake tube(s), MAFS silicone connector, hose clamps, MAF housing flange adapter (if not integrated into tubing), bolts for MAF adapter, and air filter w/ clamp. Some also come with a filter support bracket as well. That is an outline of the typical CAI kit you will buy from a reputable manufacturer.

As for removing the MAF sensor from its original housing? That is doable but a retune will need to happen. This is still not a very common practice for most Ford vehicles until about 2005 when allot more vehicles swapped to the slot-in meters (though the LS did it in 03). Now that a majority of Ford's use the slot-in MAF sensors the practice of making bolt-in meter installations is more popular and it has since started to rub off on the pre-05 crowd too. It is still nowhere near as common a practice to say that it is a "usual" thing.

Your funny.

Classic internet forum stuff. The guy who knows nothing misunderstanding the point and trying to put the smart poster in there place.

And then bashes the car that he doesn't have no more.

What can I say? I'm a Teenaged Punk, I'm SUPPOSED to be like that.

*Edit
ACTUALLY, I do appologize to ILLS, I was reading a couple other posts and closed out the wrong window to go get something to eat. I read this one post when I got back and I guess they got intertwined when II got back to the PC. I just was thinking about the post on my way back and read only that one response, and thinking back on the other recent thread about A LS problem.

The lincoln was probably the worst running car I've ever owned to be honest, but...of course, when it ran right I loved the thing. GS430 all the way!!

Actually 99% of intake kits I have seen are complete and full units that take care of everything between the TB and the tip of the filter. Including, but not limited to, TB silicone connector, intermediate connector, intake tube(s), MAFS silicone connector, hose clamps, MAF housing flange adapter (if not integrated into tubing), bolts for MAF adapter, and air filter w/ clamp. Some also come with a filter support bracket as well. That is an outline of the typical CAI kit you will buy from a reputable manufacturer.

As for removing the MAF sensor from its original housing? That is doable but a retune will need to happen. This is still not a very common practice for most Ford vehicles until about 2005 when allot more vehicles swapped to the slot-in meters (though the LS did it in 03). Now that a majority of Ford's use the slot-in MAF sensors the practice of making bolt-in meter installations is more popular and it has since started to rub off on the pre-05 crowd too. It is still nowhere near as common a practice to say that it is a "usual" thing.

Actually you are very wrong, there is no way you can own a performance shop and be bitching about all this cause if you did you would have known what to do off the bat with some understanding towards it you probably wouldnt be all over your nuts in this thread about it either and you wouldnt come up with statistics like that. One in mind right now is Injen, I have seen many Injen Intake ( not every single one ) not come with clamps and also have the space for the MAF to fit right on the tube. There is a little hole and a few maybe 2-3 little holes for screws to fit right into so the MAF bolts right on. And you wont need a retune if the reputable company is smart enough to make sure it stays in the correct spot.

I had a 13b that was stock at the time put into my Datsun, I got an intake kit from the best company out there for parts for this engine. It was a raceing beat kit IMO the best there is for the RX-7 and all it came with was some damn metal tubes and filters.

I have seen Intakes that twist and turn all over the engine bay like a hamsters habitrail made of many pieces and still not come with the connectors or clamps etc. etc.

Now you state 99% of them come with everythin needed??, start looking around, this is the internet do you think I didnt easly research this over a good time after I came up with this FACT it is pretty easy all you have to do is type it in a search and take a look at some good brands and youll see. Dont Thread jump when you are completely wrong. Dont take things this far off topic either for no reason if you are such a great performance mechanic this honestly should not have ever been a concern to you and you probably know someone that can make something better. I do and I dont know much at all about mechanics I leave that up to other people I just love cars but I still never came off bitching at the only person that sells stuff for this car.

You are wrong, Im not flaming you but I have no other way to put it.

Injen's not all that bad I have seen worse but it is only a small example. I have even went to Advanced once and took a look at the AEM Intake kits ( not my favorite but a common comp. ) and not all of them come with ALL the supplies needed. Some that are one tube only come with one clamp cause of the fact that the MAF has a spot to fit right on the tube and the filter has a clamp on it already so all you need is a clamp that holds to the TB.

Now what these companies like KKM should be doing is making a MAF core or what have you that can fit to the tube they sell with a clamp on it or by using a silicone clamp instead of making just that little adapter and utilizeing the oem MAF core, ( kinda like those crapy autozone kits ) or even if they took the idea of placing the MAF on the tube right after the sensor in the factory position it should be in. That way the filter just hooks right up to the other end of the tube and its said and done. I have seen so many kits like this its in fact my most favored way of doing it.

I used Injen as a example cause it was the first in mind seeing how they have a add on every 5 pages or so of most magazines..

But even still, looking around you'll find some pics with the tubes and clamps but if you read they don't always come with the clamps and it says so. Again I'm not saying every one is like this but allot less than 99% should have been the statistic he reported.

Id say about 60% of companies sell them and some of those companies that sell them with the item for one car sometimes don't sell them with the item for other cars.

Actually you are very wrong, there is no way you can own a performance shop and be bitching about all this cause if you did you would have known what to do off the bat with some understanding towards it you probably wouldnt be all over your nuts in this thread about it either and you wouldnt come up with statistics like that. One in mind right now is Injen, I have seen many Injen Intake ( not every single one ) not come with clamps and also have the space for the MAF to fit right on the tube. There is a little hole and a few maybe 2-3 little holes for screws to fit right into so the MAF bolts right on. And you wont need a retune if the reputable company is smart enough to make sure it stays in the correct spot.

I had a 13b that was stock at the time put into my Datsun, I got an intake kit from the best company out there for parts for this engine. It was a raceing beat kit IMO the best there is for the RX-7 and all it came with was some damn metal tubes and filters.

I have seen Intakes that twist and turn all over the engine bay like a hamsters habitrail made of many pieces and still not come with the connectors or clamps etc. etc.

Now you state 99% of them come with everythin needed??, start looking around, this is the internet do you think I didnt easly research this over a good time after I came up with this FACT it is pretty easy all you have to do is type it in a search and take a look at some good brands and youll see. Dont Thread jump when you are completely wrong. Dont take things this far off topic either for no reason if you are such a great performance mechanic this honestly should not have ever been a concern to you and you probably know someone that can make something better. I do and I dont know much at all about mechanics I leave that up to other people I just love cars but I still never came off bitching at the only person that sells stuff for this car.

First of all you are clearly assuming too much here. Yes I am a performance shop owner and have probably forgotten more about performance and modding while in my sleep last night than you will ever know. I am tired of these personal attacks on my credibility by children like you. My entire purpose was to come into this thread and provide Ken with constructive feedback on his intake tube "kit".

cause if you did you would have known what to do off the bat with some understanding towards it

This is totally preposterous. If you actually read my posts you will notice that I wasn't whining, I was providing a solution. Once again your lack of attention prevails. :rolleyes:

That is an outline of the typical CAI kit you will buy from a reputable manufacturer.

Like I said before, 99% of the intake systems that I have seen came from the manufacturers with all necessary components for a full install. Anything less than that is just a part, not a kit or a system.

Also when you remove the electronics from their original housing and place them into another housing then it is a pretty good likelihood that a retune will be neccessary. The reason for this is because the CAI is meant to move more air obviously and will usually not have the same size tube where the MAF will be bolted into. In the Gen 1 LS's they have a regular MAF assy so a retune is not needed because the area where the aircharge metering takes place is still the same and the metering will not change even if the airflow may go through there faster. In the Gen 2 LS's the slot-in meter is taken nout and bolted into the new CAI tube and does not need a retune either. However, how about we move on over to a higher performance vehicle like an S197 Mustang GT. It is very very common for a retune to be necessary on those cars after an intake because the aftermarket CAI's offered are usually pretty different in the area where the slot-in meter is mounted. If you ever looked in the SCT Advantage tuning software and looked up the 05+ Mustang value files you would see various value files for the different intakes available for the 05+ Mustang GT. The reason for this is that they are a different size than stock, and with that slot-in meter (like in the 03-06 LS) when the area is changed in the place in which the meter is located the MAF transfer function will now be off. Your commanded a/f in your base fuel table will be off and so on.

Your problem is that when you debate something you do not know about you DO AN INTERNET SEARCH. That is where you and I are different. I do not need to do an internet search to know what I am talking about. ;)

I dont know much at all about mechanics I leave that up to other people

This is quite obvious to me....

This coming from a fella who just admitted he "doesn't know much at all about mechanics"??? You are joking right? What you just said is like me thinking I can just go up to a pro baseball player, tell him he doesn't know anything about the game and then proceed to let him in on the fact that I know nothing of baseball. Sorry, but if you hadn't lost all credibility in this thread before, you surely just lost it then.

It is obvious that you do not have any idea what my experience is with this stuff. Either way, it is not worth wasting much more of my time on an unreasonable and unknowledgeable person such as yourself. I came in here to give feedback with intentions of a positive outcome in this matter since no one else seemed willing to do so. I came in here to give sound tech advice to someone who needed it. Not once have I personally attacked anyone in here and I expect the same courtesy in return. This thread has the potential to be very informative to other members here so try to act decent.

:lol:

Take a look around just like I said buddy, the proof is in the products pictures!

Like I said if you had owned some kind of real shop you wouldnt even need to be posting stuff like this at all.

Im not lying, I dont know much about mechanincs but I have some common sense and I am obviously better at problem solving than you.

PLUSS I DONT LIE.

I think of ways all day long to make thigs better but I am not a mechanic so some of these ideas I dont know if they will ever work, now you should be doing the same if your not your lying again and since you are a mechanic you should look at it and in like five seconds realize this is what it needs and thats what Im going to do, add a damn 5$ part.

Another thing is you should deal with so many customers with problems like that daily, thers lots of parts in this game made to fit cars that need some mods some way or another right out the box. You should realize that its not exactly some one like Kens fault right off the bat and understand that there may not be much he can do.

Im not debateing and Im not no kid but Im just giving my 2 cents on a topic that you are driving way far off its heading.

Im not even going into the other stuff said at all, I know and I have seen some kits come with just this and that and as far as the MAF thing goes yah you see I do a search on the internet and read cause I am trying to learn as much as I can cause I dont know much and would like to learn what you obviously have been born with. But anyway what makes it so hard for it to be made in the same specifics? You sound realy bad there I can show some shots for quite a few kits with that added in.

One thing I will admit that I have noticed is more and more kits are coming with the clamps but I still will dissagree that some just dont.

First of all you are clearly assuming too much here. Yes I am a performance shop owner and have probably forgotten more about performance and modding while in my sleep last night than you will ever know. I am tired of these personal attacks on my credibility by punks like you. My entire purpose was to come into this thread and provide Ken with constructive feedback on his intake tube "kit".

cause if you did you would have known what to do off the bat with some understanding towards it

This is totally preposterous. If you actually read my posts you will notice that I wasn't whining, I was providing a solution. Once again your lack of attention prevails. :rolleyes:

Like I said before, 99% of the intake systems that I have seen came from the manufacturers with all necessary components for a full install. Anything less than that is just a part, not a kit or a system.

Also when you remove the electronics from their original housing and place them into another housing then it is a pretty good likelihood that a retune will be neccessary. The reason for this is because the CAI is meant to move more air obviously and will usually not have the same size tube where the MAF will be bolted into. In the Gen 1 LS's they have a regular MAF assy so a retune is not needed because the area where the aircharge metering takes place is still the same and the metering will not change even if the airflow may go through there faster. In the Gen 2 LS's the slot-in meter is taken nout and bolted into the new CAI tube and does not need a retune either. However, how about we move on over to a higher performance vehicle like an S197 Mustang GT. It is very very common for a retune to be necessary on those cars after an intake because the aftermarket CAI's offered are usually pretty different in the area where the slot-in meter is mounted. If you ever looked in the SCT Advantage tuning software and looked up the 05+ Mustang value files you would see various value files for the different intakes available for the 05+ Mustang GT. The reason for this is that they are a different size than stock, and with that slot-in meter (like in the 03-06 LS) when the area is changed in the place in which the meter is located the MAF transfer function will now be off. Your commanded a/f in your base fuel table will be off and so on.

Your problem is that when you debate something you do not know about you DO AN INTERNET SEARCH. That is where you and I are different. I do not need to do an internet search to know what I am talking about. ;)

I dont know much at all about mechanics I leave that up to other people

This is quite obvious to me....

This coming from a fella who just admitted he "doesn't know much at all about mechanics"??? You are joking right? What you just said is like me thinking I can just go up to a pro baseball player, tell him he doesn't know anything about the game and then proceed to let him in on the fact that I know nothing of baseball. Sorry, but if you hadn't lost all credibility in this thread before, you surely just lost it then.

It is obvious that you do not have any idea what my experience is with this stuff. Either way, it is not worth wasting much more of my time on an unreasonable and unknowledgeable person such as yourself.

Members online

No members online now.
Back