Please Help 00' LS8 problem

Wicked_LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a 2000 Lincoln LS8 sport and it is having weird shifting problems. It doesnt happen all the time but it is throwing an engine code but noone can figure it out. Basically what it is doing is sometimes when it goes to shift it starts to buck before shifting into gear i dont know what it could be whether pcm needs flashing tranny bad what?? i have no clue please help thanks
SRA Dennis Davis
USAF FD

from what i was told the codes it keeps throwing out is misfires but it throws out 6 then 4 then 5 then 8 it never throws the same one out it keeps changing and i have replaced coils before but this doesnt act like a coil problem i dont know what it could be

it sounds like a coil problem. If the codes are mis-fires..... it's not likely a trannie issue.

It sound like oil in the spark plug wells....

see though quick thats the thing it only haoppens when it goes to shift. and coils are through out the entire rpm band. thats what puzzled me about all of it

true - the problem with mire fires - is that the cylinder number if often mis-reported, and that it usually happens at a certain engine load - not rpm...

'load' is one of those funny meansurements of amount of air coming in verses the displacement...

So some people have it only happen when driving up a hill, others while at the very top of the rpm range, and other while sitting at a light...

there is no chance the trannie is causing a mis-fire code. The funny shift is most likely the mis-fires you are feeling.

Members online

No members online now.
Back