Sad day...

Kelleyo

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I finally parted with my LS :bash:

Sold it to a guy from Ohio. He gave me 17K for a 2003 LS Premium V8 with 44K miles. I think I did well but he got a good deal too since this is an awesome car. Can you believe this was from an ad on Craigslist? And he was the 1st and only person to call about and look at the car?

Anyhoo was a sad day.

He is considering putting a stock intake back into the car.
He is also considering putting the stock springs back in (I put them in the trunk for him)

I told him I could find buyers here for used Eibachs and a used K&N Typhoon. If he does this I will post and get whomever is interested in contact with him.

Finally,
I have the Stock 2003 front grille still available as well as the stock 2003 airbox...

I will still stop in here from time to time!! I must say that the M5board is interesting. Some of the guys there have M5's as daily srivers, and Ferrari's and porches as toys...

sad day? sh*t if i ha a m5 sitting in my driveway i wouldnt mind one bit, thats just me tho. g/l with the m5

I can relate. When I watched my LS ride away it was like watching your kid drive off to start their own lives. I miss my LS from time to time.

M5 are great cars....right now I am considering keeping my LS when it is time to buy another car. I really enjoy going on long trips with my LS.

I haven't decided on what car will replace it but it probably will not be a Lincoln.

Doug

Yesterday, I finally parted with my LS :bash:

Anyhoo was a sad day.

I'll make you a deal, if you miss the LS too much I will trade you mine straight up for your M5, 'cause that's just the kind of guy I am :D

You did what I'll end up doing whenever I get another car. M5. Those are really awesome cars. I've only seen a handful of brand new M5's in Austin and they're one of the sharpest looking cars around.

It's funny... The first thing I noticed when reading the m5board posts are they're so different from here and other forums. You can actually understand what people are writing. No slang or "yo, dats tight dawg. holla atcha boi" type of writing. Go figure :rolleyes: .

Excellent choice for an upgrade!

You did what I'll end up doing whenever I get another car. M5. Those are really awesome cars. I've only seen a handful of brand new M5's in Austin and they're one of the sharpest looking cars around.

It's funny... The first thing I noticed when reading the m5board posts are they're so different from here and other forums. You can actually understand what people are writing. No slang or "yo, dats tight dawg. holla atcha boi" type of writing. Go figure :rolleyes: .

Excellent choice for an upgrade!

I noticed too. I guess the resale value of the LS has fallen so low that the "myspace/rapper/high schooler" crowd can afford them so that is why we see so much web slang. Also, there are a lot of Brits and other nationalities. Guess the M5's are still too pricey unless you are a young drug dealer :cool:

It's refreshing to have an intillegent conversation with folks my own age (my people!!) on M5board.com :D

What is unbleievable is that there were only 20,000 E39 M5's made and only 10,000 of those came to the US (compared to over 100,000 LS's?) and yet the M5board has as much posting traffic (if not more) than I see here. Lot's of passion for these cars.

Members online

No members online now.
Back