Mpg?

kingofmy_h

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I Have A 01 Ls V8 And Currently Getting 14.2 Mpg.( I Used To Get 12.4 Mpg) I Am Just Curious What Evrybody Else Is Getting.

I was on fueleconomy.gov yesterday and I noticed that they updated all old ratings to reflect the new rating system. So ours (for v8) dropped from 18/25 to 16/23. :rolleyes:

my 00 ls8 usually gets around 17 (mixed local and highway). driving strictly locally, ive seen about what youre getting. all highway i usually get around 23. i wish it was a little better though. ive got to change plugs and wires and see how much that helps.

Your mileage will vary alot. Depends on mostly driving style and your commute. I have had two cars that varied from about 14mpg on one commute, and 18+ on the other.

I had a 96 Impala SS which got 18+mpg on my mostly freeway only a little stop and go 60 mile commute. On open freeway driving at 65 or so it got 24 mpg. On another commute 16 miles RT, several steep hills, stop and go city streets and not enough time to warm up it got about 14mpg.

My 04 LSV8 gets 18+ on my differnt commute, 60 miles RT, mostly freeway with maybe 5 miles of stop and go. On the 16 mile RT hilly city commute it got about 14mpg. On open freeway at 70+ it gets about 25mpg.

So mileage is almost 50% less on a city stop and go short commute, in my experience. If you do a lot of hard starts or even shorter commutes you mileage may be pretty bad. If you are a normal driver, 12mpg is kind of on the low side.

Also weather and state of tune etc will affect your mileage, but mostly it is commute type and driving style.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

I get around 19 for mixed driving usually, although my last tank was 21.5 or something like that on my 03 V8.

my 5.7L CTS-V (21mpg)gets better gas mileage than my 03 LS V8(19mpg). Go figure. Even when I get on it too.

the first two thread are from JUNE!

do we really need a third thread on mileage within 18days of eachother?

and if we do - then having all the other responses tied into this thread should make it even more valuable - no?

Members online

No members online now.
Back