Updated 2009 Lincoln MKS pix! (LS replacement)

Because the V8 motor has always been a standard in luxury vehicles. Consumers just expect a V8 and luxury vehicle to go together. And in case you haven't gotten the memo, Lincoln hasn't exactly stomped (or, in your words, killed "it's rivals"), the competition they went after with the old LS. Why would this be any different? Lincoln is getting soft when it comes to power.

honestly though, when has lincoln ever put out a vehicle with monster power? my dad used to have a mark 3 with the 460 7.5 liter V8, now that would be something to see put in this rice burner looking new MKS

ok, let's try this one more time....

A V-8 is not absolutely necessary, especially if they offer their 400-hp twin turbo V-6 as an option!

1-2009-lincoln-mks-spied-april.jpg

4-2009-lincoln-mks-spied-april.jpg

Because the V8 motor has always been a standard in luxury vehicles. Consumers just expect a V8 and luxury vehicle to go together. And in case you haven't gotten the memo, Lincoln hasn't exactly stomped (or, in your words, killed "it's rivals"), the competition they went after with the old LS. Why would this be any different? Lincoln is getting soft when it comes to power.

Yes. Nothing less than V8. My first vehicle had a 318 V8, owned a V6 for 2 months and HAD to get back to the V8.

I'll stick with what I have if they aren't offering a RWD V8. Anything else might as well be a Jap to me.

Like I said, nothing wrong with a 400 hp twin-turbo V-6.

On the new BMW 335i, their twin turbo outperforms similar V-8s, and gets better mileage to boot.

A V-8 is not absolutely necessary, especially if they offer their 400-hp twin turbo V-6 as an option!

No, you are correct. It is NOT necessary. But people that can truly afford such cars, can also afford the fuel a V8 will guzzle.

400HP TT V'6's are nice, but they lack the low end of a big V-8. Historically,
American consumers have always wanted low end power over high end power. I know, it's small thinking, but that's what today's 40 and 50 year olds grew up with. they grew up with big V8's and cars that could roast the tires in all three gears from a stomp. It will be hard to sell them these new V-6 poweplants. Most will regard a V-6 in a luxury car with disqust.

Again, I'm not saying the V6 is a bad thing... But for most people who will buy these cars new, a V6 is just not going to do it for them.

I would NEVER own anything less than a V8 again. Well, maybe the new MKR if it ever comes out... maybe.

Am I the only one that yearns for a long and lean traditional 3-box sedan?
You're not alone... Id love to see some old skool styling return to the car market. Chevy Caprice baby!
They need to make a bad@$$ version of the Crown Vic too (like the Marauder, only faster).

:snip:
American consumers have always wanted low end power over high end power. I know, it's small thinking, but that's what today's 40 and 50 year olds grew up with. they grew up with big V8's and cars that could roast the tires in all three gears from a stomp. It will be hard to sell them these new V-6 poweplants. Most will regard a V-6 in a luxury car with disqust.
:snip:

Really? Really?! Where are they? Did you look at sales of V8 luxury sedans? How do they compare to the V6 models (540 vs 530, S-Type, CTS, 300 or others)?

Maybe they just don't buy new cars so therefore manufactures are not making them.

Lincoln makes what they can sell and FOrd is not in position to risk anything, since they have to at least come out even.

WOW!!! Did you get a look at that eject button on the dash. That's what I'm talking about.

Because its a V6!! Sounds like a retarded bumblebee when you lean in on it. We want V8 RUMBLE.

As for Dickweed and his "Killing the rivals"

Lincoln has never, and never will kill it's rivals. If you want something that kills it's rivals, pick up a Lexus.

02V8Sport
"why is Lincoln trying so hard to go out of business?? why dont they just stop making cars period?"

AHAHAHAHA, that's funny right there. They will be the only multi-billion dollar company to go out of business because their cars are ugly and underpowered.

Because its a V6!! Sounds like a retarded bumblebee when you lean in on it. We want V8 RUMBLE.

As for Dickweed and his "Killing the rivals"

I would disagree. Have you test driven the new BMW 335i TT? It drives superbly, and the engine sounds great.

Like I said, nothing wrong with a 400 hp twin-turbo V-6.

On the new BMW 335i, their twin turbo outperforms similar V-8s, and gets better mileage to boot.

I don't buy V6's anymore. I grew up with american RWD V8's. I like AMERICAN RWD V8's. I will not buy any more V6's if it means I have to keep fixing the V8's I own. Where I come from, V6 models are the poor man's cars.

Gas mileage is for tree hugging hippies. If you want gas mileage, buy a Fauching Civic with the special Burkenstock interior package and swear off meat products.

Im sorry but some of yall are some complaning bitches who cares if it wont have a v8.They said the v-6 it will have should have well over 300 hp think the twinforce from the MKR and it will have Awd.It is better than the Ls so stop saying that crap and it looks better.How does it look like a malibu maxx in the back you :q:q:q:q:q:q:q.When it kills its rivals yall will stop talkin :q:q:q:q.
nope sorry, It could be their best seller for the next ten years but it will still be hideous, without a v8, rwd and a manual transmission.
It would not matter what they sell it for, I WILL NOT BE BUYING ONE.

Look I can stand a v6, if the car is small enough. I mean the x-type jag is a great car with the v6, because of its size. The LS or a 5 series BMW is not.
As for a boosted v6, I would rather see a whipple supercharged motor instead of a turbo. But even then it would be my second choice compared to a V8.

Ugly underpowered cars come and go, and there have been companies that have failed because their cars were both. AMC and Oldsmobile spring right to mind.

RWD + V8 + manual transmission + descent styling = my next family car.

Nothing offered here from Ford/Mercury/Lincoln, GM or Chrysler fits those criteria.
So, my next car will be from Japan or Europe.

I think it looks pretty slick.
Need to lose the fender vents though. Fender vents = not Lincoln.

None of it looks like a Lincoln.

If I wanted a Japanese car I would buy one from a Japanese company.

Im sorry but some of yall are some complaning bitches who cares if it wont have a v8.They said the v-6 it will have should have well over 300 hp think the twinforce from the MKR and it will have Awd.It is better than the Ls so stop saying that crap and it looks better.How does it look like a malibu maxx in the back you :q:q:q:q:q:q:q.When it kills its rivals yall will stop talkin :q:q:q:q.

Chill out dude.

1. It will be a FWD transverse engine not RWD longitudinal engine car which will be a step backasswards for Lincoln after the LS in terms of weight distribution, handling and turning radius.
2. As far as the V8, Lincoln originally stated the 4.4 Yamaha engine (used in the Volvo XC90 and which by the way is a derivative of the Yamaha SHO engine) would be used. Now they are saying no. So we are feeling like the proverbial baby who has had their candy taken away. I am sure a 300 HP V6 will be nice but they should never have set the expectations for a V8 to begin with.
3. How can it be better than the LS since it has not even been sold on the market yet? Basically ths is a rebodied Mazda 6.
4. I am betting that Ford will kill off Lincoln and Mercury.

5. My LS is almost paid off. I am going to enjoy for a while as I shop for German Iron...

I would disagree. Have you test driven the new BMW 335i TT? It drives superbly, and the engine sounds great.

You CANNOT make a V6 sound better than a V8 TT or not. V8 dominates all engines when it comes to sound.

Now we are talking a BMW...ok this is FORD. All BMWs sound nice, it's just their nature. Fords are meant to sound like :q:q:q:q because they are poorly made with cheapo parts.

Really? Really?! Where are they? Did you look at sales of V8 luxury sedans? How do they compare to the V6 models (540 vs 530, S-Type, CTS, 300 or others)?QUOTE]

Dude, the CTS hardly qualifies as a V-8 sedan, granted they put the 6L in it, but hell, you have to get the highest end model just to get a v-8, if caddy had put in the 4.4 northstar for around $45,000 then it would be ok to consider the CTS a V8 sedan. As it sits, its a V6 sedan with an expensive ass V8 racer cousin. CTS' are hideous anyways, the angles on them remind me of the pontiac aztecs.

I'll wait for the new grand prix replacement, the g8, rwd and v8. Oh wait, too many cars now, well stick w/ what I got.

I'll wait for the new grand prix replacement, the g8, rwd and v8. Oh wait, too many cars now, well stick w/ what I got.

Yeah, the new Pontiac G8 looks pretty sweet. I hope they don't screw up the interior though with tons of plastic.

Members online

Back