Damaged door

rustic302

LVC Member
Reaction score
This is what happened when a cement mixer lorry decides to change lanes without looking or indicating (slow moving traffic). But I'm glad I was in a Lincoln and not a Honda!

Anyway does anyone know if Cougar/Thunderbird doors fit, and if so, which years. I'm in UK and the only Mk VII door I can locate is £440 +vat imported from Indiana. Been offered a 1989 Thunderbird door for £150 (thats newer shape isn't it?).

Or does anyone here in UK know of any available.

I've given the repair estimate to insurance company so other driver is paying but I'm still going to lose £100 from the insurance excess so I want to source a door for £340 +vat or less to cover my loss.

342.jpg

Just have a competent body-man bang that out. It's not all that bad from what I see. It'll be a lot better option than fighting with another door. To answer your question, I do not believe the 89 T-Bird door will interchange...the earlier models do, but I am unsure of the years.

It doesn't show that well in the picture but that bottom scratch (that popped out the wheel arch trim) actually ripped the metal like a tin opener - that was the lorrys wheel nuts.

1983-1986 Thunderbird/Cougar doors will fit and 1987-88 might fit, but the moulding areas may be slightly different.

I would try and find a door closer to the coast. Try www.car-part.com for another door. 1984-92 doors will be the same and the Bill Blass/base model door will work with trim changed over and paint.

What did you use for the turn signals?

Thanks for info guys.

My turn signals: I drilled hole in fender (sorry) put in cheapo aftermarket turn signal but replaced filament bulb with Lexeon Led. Rewired signal/hazard circuit and made no-load flasher for leds (All my lights including reverse are led except headlights... for the moment...).

In the picture there should be a plastic cover but the lorry redesigned that also.

Members online

Back