For the car audio guys...

nickandersonLS01

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I've been searching all morning here at work for 2 ports for the box I'm building for my type-r's. I'm getting sick of sealed weakness, so I'm experimenting with ported boxes. I can't find anywhere that makes ports in this dimension(3" diameter x 9.9" length).

Any suggestions? I'm pretty handy and was thinking of just fabbing one up with 3" piping + cut it to size but a pre-made port would be much more to my liking. I'm just getting all the dimensions now and 1" MDF is being picked up after work.

I haven't done anything yet lol, I'm not going to make it until I have everything. Right now it's all on paper. I currently have a sealed box in my trunk made to Alpine's recommended dimensions but it just isnt loud enough for me. I'll probably tackle this tuesday if I can find a decent port.

I already have the dimensions of what I need thanks to Alpine.com, all iI need is a pre-fab port to make my build that much easier.

Nice, thanks, they ended up having a 3" port I can just cut to make 9.9". I don't know what I was thinking, lol. I'll get building on tuesday!

its not hard to fab up at port out of pvc pipe if you have hte right tools. just make sure you round the edges of the port so that you dont get port noise. But if you found the ports then nevermind. There is a webiste that does hvae the ports i'll see if i can find it

yeah I really wanted fabbed ports, I'm trying to do a clean job with this, hopefully I'll get my camera working it has been weird. It likes to shut off when I press the button to take the picture even with brand new batteries.

Members online

Back