1995 T.C Cartier Sleeper/Muscle Car, Possible???

OaklandCali

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while but wouldn't know where to even start looking for parts or really what set up to use for this but I've been dreaming of having a 3+ or 400 hp engine under the hood with cut outs on the exhaust so I could creep up next to an unsuspecting camaro or any other sports/muscle car and hit the cut out switch and start BARKING with the engine rocking the car when I hit the gas then burn rubber for a block and a half on him on my 22's down the street lol. I know some of you may be like ewww but I know somebody feel me. I'm thinking about doing the whole thing of course: rear end, tranny, suspension, engine. BUT I don't know what (IF ANYTHING) I can bolt on to my 4.6 for performance. I'm thinking maybe some stuff from the crown vics that are out there running over rice rockets but I have NO idea, I'm not a big under the hood man and I'm not rich I just can't take it to a good shop and have them do what they want with it, I'd like to get a parts list together and work on finding them as cheap as possible and putting on what I can. I've heard talk of throwing other engines in but what happens with the electronics??? I want to pack all the HP I can in it if possible (on a reasonable budget) but I wonder will it still be able to be smogged????? what really got me going even more was when I saw that episode of viva la bam where ryan dunn souped his 90-94 town car limo up to race bams lambo and almost beat it. I know it's a totally different engine, etc... but still that was sick so what's up lets hear some ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Heh... Enjoy your fantasy.

You will never take an an LS or LT series Camaro with 400hp and a heavy car like the TC.

And you think that character with his Limo had just bolt-ons? Oh please...

You should instead invest into some sentence structure to make it easier for people to read your posts.

I had a nice long rant about your fantasy, but I decided against it.

I've been thinking about this for a while but wouldn't know where to even start looking for parts or really what set up to use for this but I've been dreaming of having a 3+ or 400 hp engine under the hood with cut outs on the exhaust so I could creep up next to an unsuspecting camaro or any other sports/muscle car and hit the cut out switch and start BARKING with the engine rocking the car when I hit the gas then burn rubber for a block and a half on him on my 22's down the street lol.

At least 3 things come to mind:

1) Damn, that's 1 long sentence!

2) Crack is a very, very bad thing.

3) Do your parents know you're online at this hour. Tomorrow's a school day!

Thanks for your help I will be running to get under the hood in the morning with that valuable information. Maybe I wasn't clear enough about the viva la bam thing, OF COURSE IT WASNT BOLT ONS that got that t.c running like that I just meant it was nice to see a t.c perform way above the norm. Now lets see what else did I NOT say...That I could beat a NEWER camaro, I just would like to see the aw' d faces if I could give um rubber for a good distance. Lastly I'm not in school anymore so I really don't care but now that we know my typing is not up to your standards you know not to come into my threads because it erks you so much right?

Didn't know this was such a picky snot nosed forum. Haven't seen anybody else trip on forums over such stupid stuff. I've seen post WAY worse then mine for me to be getting attacked. Bottom line I want to get the most HP out of my T.C from bolt on's, not saying I'm going to out run a F-16 can anybody help with that or are we still on the dumb sh*t???

At least 3 things come to mind:

1) Damn, that's 1 long sentence!

2) Crack is a very, very bad thing.

3) Do your parents know you're online at this hour. Tomorrow's a school day!

Good one. :lol:

You're not being "attacked". You're being... snickered at.

1. You WILL NEVER take on an L series camaro with only 400HP and that heavy car! I believe that's what you said you wanted to accomplish? IIRC, it was in your original post? Which part of that eludes you? It's all about power to weight ratios. Something that while you may not be in school anymore, you should still be able to figure out. I'm not going to go into what size gears you'd need to effectively get that low cost 400hp *snicker* to the ground through 22 Inch wheels. You do know about unsprung weight, and rotating mass, yes?

2. You may not be in school anymore, but the whole idea of school is to teach you sutff for use later in life, like after you get out of school.

Like sentence structure, basic math and other fun stuff. You may not care about how you write, but I have news for you. Most people who TRY to read your post won't care either, and will just go onto the next thread. So, essentially, you're asking your questions in vain because people won't read them. And then you'll call us asses (or worse, "jealous"), because we don't wanna help you. It's not that we don't wanna give you our input, but with posts like yours, my ADD kicks in, and I typically move on.

Let's make a deal. You learn how to properly type a question, and I'll be the first to answer it if I can.

NO your just not understanding what the words that are in the horrible illegal post I made. I just said I wanted to peal off on a camaro, didn't say I wanted to race it. If I pulled up next to one even growling and barking, the owner in most cases would still be trying to figure out what the hell is making that sound because it can't be the T.C next to him. He isn't going to even try anything until after the fun part is over. That is what I was trying to say, I'm not as retarded as you wish I was, I know a heavy car with the same horses and sometimes more can't beat a lighter car with the same come on now! at the same time that doesn't mean I can't run some older, slower, out of shape sports/muscle cars out there with sh*tty drivers in them. I just really want enough to get the back tires spinning good and some impressive performance for a t.c if possible. I also would love to have a muscle car feel to it if that can be reached using only bolt on's that's why I mentioned the cut outs too. I'm thinking run straight pipe out of those and when they are closed have them hooked up to some nice low profile mild mufflers. But I have never had cut outs so of course I'm just going off the little I know about them. As far as this ridiculous stuff about my post, and why we all go to school and blah blah rah rah. What I typed was not that HARD to read, I may have even not pushed the keys down all the way on a couple of spots in that first part or maybe that's how I typed it and just plain forgot. When I'm typing on forums I'm not typing to win an essay contest. This is not work or school just a forum I type fast, scan over, and post.

1 more thing in response to this:

"I'm not going to go into what size gears you'd need to effectively get that low cost 400hp *snicker* to the ground."

What did you think I meant by low cost? $1000? $4000? I'm thinking about NOT spending $15,000-$20,000+ but hey that's why I'm here asking maybe I need that much for all the parts and the gearing so you tell me.

NO your just not understanding what the words that are in the horrible illegal post I made. I just said I wanted to peal off on a camaro, didn't say I wanted to race it.

So you just want to...

I could creep up next to an unsuspecting camaro or any other sports/muscle car and hit the cut out switch and start BARKING with the engine rocking the car when I hit the gas then burn rubber for a block and a half on him on my 22's down the street lol.

Just burn rubber next to a camaro for a block and a half? Uhhh. ok. :rolleyes:

If I pulled up next to one even growling and barking, the owner in most cases would still be trying to figure out what the hell is making that sound because it can't be the T.C next to him. He isn't going to even try anything until after the fun part is over.

Yeah. Like any gearhead isn't gonna know that you just have cutouts... Gear heads listen for more than just exhaust on the car next to them. They listen for any funny noises coming from the motor like, oh, I don't know.. Turbo whislte, Blower whine, etc. I think it's been proven by the import "tuners" that a loud exhaust will get you nothing more than a chuckle from the guy next to you.

I'm not as retarded as you wish I was, I know a heavy car with the same horses and sometimes more can't beat a lighter car with the same come on now! at the same time that doesn't mean I can't run some older, slower, out of shape sports/muscle cars out there with sh*tty drivers in them.

There you go again... In your original post you referenced NEWER Camaros. Newer Camaros aren't some older, slower out of shape sports/muscle cars.

I just really want enough to get the back tires spinning good and some impressive performance for a t.c if possible.

Anything is possible with enough money. How much you got?

I also would love to have a muscle car feel to it if that can be reached using only bolt on's that's why I mentioned the cut outs too. I'm thinking run straight pipe out of those and when they are closed have them hooked up to some nice low profile mild mufflers. But I have never had cut outs so of course I'm just going off the little I know about them.

I think you're under the impression that cutouts will give you mad horsepower. If anything, you will lose low end torque (and yes, gain a few - read no more than 20HP). Key words in case you missed them: "You will lose low end torque". You know, the stuff that makes the rear tires spin?

As far as this ridiculous stuff about my post, and why we all go to school and blah blah rah rah. What I typed was not that HARD to read, I may have even not pushed the keys down all the way on a couple of spots in that first part or maybe that's how I typed it and just plain forgot.

It's all about putting some time into your posts. That way, we'll put some effort in answering your questions.

When I'm typing on forums I'm not typing to win an essay contest. This is not work or school just a forum I type fast scan over and post.

No, no you're not typing to win a contest. You're typing to "win" answers. If your post is hard to read or unreadable, then you will "win" no answers.

1 more thing in response to this:

"I'm not going to go into what size gears you'd need to effectively get that low cost 400hp *snicker* to the ground."

What did you think I meant by low cost? $1000? $4000? I'm thinking about NOT spending $15,000-$20,000+ but hey that's why I'm here asking maybe I need that much for all the parts and the gearing so you tell me.

"Low cost" is in the eye of the beholder. I have a low cost 12K motor in my Mark VIII. I'm not going to get into its' supporting component costs.

I'm willing to bet that if you use the search function, you will get price ideas on just about any of the parts you're looking at getting. Gears, exhaust, etc. all have been discussed on these forums.

I'll help you out with the gears... You're looking at about 500-600 installed by someone who knows what they're doing.

Ok you win the battle of the quotes, it would take 2 pages to respond but I will respond to a couple of things. As far as the cut outs I didn't think they would give me MAD horses but I knew they would be a +. I was worried about how the car would run with the pipes wide open and where in the powerband the gain would be. What you are saying makes sense and it is to be expected really, I just didn't know how it would act with them on this car. I am more into bikes and I know with different pipes, no pipe and/or no power commander to correct and compensate most bikes run bad on the low or high ends. The reason for the cut outs was to have some nice sound without having it ALL the time and of course some extra hp. Maybe if some extra room is available they can be ran threw another set or exhaust or something I don't know lol. I'm not trying to hit the track and spit wigs, just trying to have a respectable hard running T.C that most would know is a couple of big steps over the norm for 1. And i hope you didn't take the "burn rubber for a block and a half" thing literally. If it can be done then hey that's fine with me but you get the idea come on. Now about gear heads listening for things, sure I do it too even though I'm no real gear head. Even the "L Series" gear head camaro owner knowing what he hears would look over in disbelief, meanwhile I'm giving him some rubber to snack on until he makes me look really bad at the next light(unless I hit a corner on him lol). I use to do it in my stock 92 GT all the time, and yes on "L series camaros. You can make them eat rubber for a light why not.
( I MEAN WITH THE CAMARO STOPPED NOT READY TO RUN YOU)

And last but not least I'd like to thank you for actually giving me some usable info/advise and not using "entire" post to clown me. I hear and understand what your saying but we can agree to disagree on some things with this matter.

That being said look what i found:

"Quote:
Originally Posted by unseenthings
I have read that you can put a 94-97? mustang engine in, 94-97? Cobra and a Mark VIII engine in, what years of Mark 8?
I have also read that these early 4.6 are severly underpowered, at like 225hp.
The later 4.6 mustang engines in like 98-99ish start at 260hp. Will 98up 4.6's work in the 90-97 TC if one get the engine, tranny, ECU, harness and what-not?
2ndly, the 96up has a plastic intake manifold I hear is prone to cracking, is there a aftermarket metal intake? I know there is one for mustang 4.6, but haven't seen one for the other 4.6's
Thanks
Brian
"

You have less than 225, more like 205 HP. You have the same engine as the 1996-2004 Mustang GT and 1994-1997 Thunderbird LX. Same block and all. The only difference is the heads. If you want more HP, do the following to your 4.6:

PI Heads (99+ Mustang GT, 2001+ Town Car, Vic, Marq)
PI Intake with aluminum crossover (solves the cracking problem; aftermarket is less than $200).
Mercury Marauder 80mm MAF/ airbox.
Underdrives
Ported plenum
A damn good tune
A 2.5 inch true dual exhaust with x-pipe and Dynomax's
Longtubes from ADTR

With that combo, you'll see over 300 HP.

As for a DOHC swap, those who claimed to have done it and post over the Net can't seem to put their money where their mouths are. No proof at all. One idiot claimed to have swapped-in a DOHC from a Continental, but disappeared when I challenged him and informed the rest of the board that the Conti 4V cannot swap into a RWD vehicle because it is a FWD engine with different engine and tranny mounts; so a Conti swap would be impossible.

However, it is possible with time, MONEY, and tools/ knowledge. The only DOHC swap into a Panther-platform vehicle I've seen was done by Bob Bondurant; who swapped a 98 Cobra engine into a 1999 Police Interceptor. But Bondurant did TONS of modifications and fabrications. It won't be easy. If you have a 2003+ Panther car, you can swap a DOHC easily because they changed the suspension and other components.

There are plenty of options. If you have any further questions, or want to know what fits, don't be afraid to ask.

Good one. :lol:
You're not being "attacked". You're being... snickered at.

1. You WILL NEVER take on an L series camaro with only 400HP and that heavy car! I believe that's what you said you wanted to accomplish? IIRC, it was in your original post? Which part of that eludes you? It's all about power to weight ratios. Something that while you may not be in school anymore, you should still be able to figure out. I'm not going to go into what size gears you'd need to effectively get that low cost 400hp *snicker* to the ground through 22 Inch wheels. You do know about unsprung weight, and rotating mass, yes?

I would say that a heavy car will never take an "L series camaro" I don't know what a l series camaro.
I know of a 68 cutlass 4 door (heavy car), basically stock 455 with c heads that took us on many street wins mostly ending with us hitting over 160 mph
on a expressway , any every other car dropping out of it well before 120 mph

"You're not being "attacked". You're being... snickered at. "
Come on the guy only has 12 post ! I know you don't want him to leave thinking F- LvC.com
bottom line this is the Internet (no Red PENS)

I can't think of how times I didn't post because I knew no buddy would under stand what I was saying

I would say that a heavy car will never take an "L series camaro" I don't know what a l series camaro.
I know of a 68 cutlass 4 door (heavy car), basically stock 455 with c heads that took us on many street wins mostly ending with us hitting over 160 mph
on a expressway , any every other car dropping out of it well before 120 mph

"You're not being "attacked". You're being... snickered at. "
Come on the guy only has 12 post ! I know you don't want him to leave thinking F- LvC.com
bottom line this is the Internet (no Red PENS)

I can't think of how times I didn't post because I knew no buddy would under stand what I was saying

Thank you!

The only DOHC swap into a Panther-platform vehicle I've seen was done by Bob Bondurant; who swapped a 98 Cobra engine into a 1999 Police Interceptor. But Bondurant did TONS of modifications and fabrications. It won't be easy.

I've seen a Mach engine swapped into a Mark 8. Didn't sound too difficult. Sure, there was modifications but nothing extremely hard (especially if you already went through the trouble of taking the motor out.

Damn i thought we all came here to get help ya know, some ppl on here are just ignorant, sorry oakland. and i don't have a clue about the engine work so ima just shut my trap

Damn i thought we all came here to get help ya know, some ppl on here are just ignorant, sorry oakland. and i don't have a clue about the engine work so ima just shut my trap

Thanks man, I'm glad to see that everybody on this site isn't so up tight.
It's cool about the engine work lol. Sometimes we just all have to put are heads together to figure things out if there isn't 1 solid answer so we can all learn, that's how forums work (i thought). I appreciate your response though man.

Oakland,
You're going to have to get a little thicker skin to hang around here. I'm one of the newer guys around here. No one is immune to the "Wrath of Frogman". We'll even dog him if he screws up.(I heard it happened once in '05. Wait, that was '04) If this was strictly a tech forum, how much fun would that be? I got mad the other day and called him a "cranky old fart". But he's one of the most valued sourses of info on this site. If he tells you something, listen to him. Remember, all questions are welcome here. But (insert kinder,gentler synonym for stupid) questions may and will be laughed at. :p

Frogman said that he hasn't got his shipment of imported happy pills yet. :D

I plan on doin' low 13's/high 12's in my t/c...:D

(That's after a S/C 5.8 though...)

And I own a 1987 Town Car. Really you can find parts from a mustang and put it on your T/C. A 4.6 is a 4.6 (WITH the exception of the MK VIII, Contental, and cobra :p)

Actually the Bondurant Cobra Vics where built by Roush racing. Well what about the Merc marauder They are a 4 valve engine in the panther chassis.

Anything is possible provided you have enough $$$$$$$. You can build up anything. There was a guy in an issue of Muscle Mustangs that had a blown 88 Town car running 12s. A guy in Mich with a Impala SS with close to 1000 hp. Nothing is impossible.

Tim

Thanks man, I'm glad to see that everybody on this site isn't so up tight.
It's cool about the engine work lol. Sometimes we just all have to put are heads together to figure things out if there isn't 1 solid answer so we can all learn, that's how forums work (i thought). I appreciate your response though man.

Hey OaklandCali this fourmj sucks you should come join Lincolnsonline.com that website is the best no one is like this on the other site join there alot better trust meee

i didnt read the whole disscusion but i have a 96 town car and i will probably never do this and it would not be cheap but in my summit racing catalog they have a supercharger for a 4.6l and a top end engine kit that says it adds 350 hp but the supercharger says that it will make your 4.6 pump out over 426 hp and 419 foot lbs of tourque but you should check that out just look for stuff in the mustang section

i've wanted to do performance upgrades on my '94 too, but, i wouldnt even know where to start, i'de check out that summit racing thing though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back