Diesel M7 needs Coolant tank

galatron

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey yall, I've got a 2.4 TD that needs a coolant tank and water pump badly! I think that I've got the water pump covered, but no sight for the coolant tank. any generic options?
I run B100 in this car and get over 50 miles per gallon!

Harlan Stanley
R3 Power and BioDiesel inc.
Brownwood, Texas

You need a coolant expansion tank? See if a 5.0 tank fits or one from another Fox platform car. If it's really different, it might be a BMW part. The water pump should be available from the local BMW dealer or a parts dealer.

Hey yall, I've got a 2.4 TD that needs a coolant tank and water pump badly! I think that I've got the water pump covered, but no sight for the coolant tank. any generic options?
I run B100 in this car and get over 50 miles per gallon!

Harlan Stanley
R3 Power and BioDiesel inc.
Brownwood, Texas

Our TD coolant bottles sit center of our engine bays, just below the windshield wipers. In this picture, it's tan in color with a black cap. Other than the yards, I haven't found a replacement yet.

unknown60012_006.jpg

You're getting over 50MPG on B100?

Please, do share your secret, since the BD community seems to be LOSING approximately 10% in fuel economy when running B100... Including my own PSD. Or, are you telling me those 2.4TDs get 55-60MPG on Dino Juice?

B100

that's right, drove from brownwood to austin on about 5 gallons of fuel, I filled it up to the neck before I left, and when I got to my drive way, I put a little under 5 gallons in at my drive way in austin. freakin crazy I know, but this linc sips the fuel, I regularaly drive from brownwood to rising star and back and I use about 2.5 gallons per trip. that's around a 75 mile trip.
the scoop on b100 is that if you get all the water out, you get better milage. a we run it in a power stroke f250, a JD 4430 tractor, and getting more people to use it, they are reporting more power and more miles using our fuel.

as for the coolant tank, I put in a coupling, and installed a generic tank. the waterpump I got was from Autozone and was about 27 bucks.

Last edited:
Yes, I know a bit about B100. I'm starting to make it myself. I have 2 separate, sequential wash tanks with mist systems on them. Better than ASTM quality Bio in the end. Eh... I don't know. Everyone I know who runs B100 is reporting (again), 10% fuel economy and 10% power loss. So, maybe it's time to sell your secret and make millions.

Members online

No members online now.
Back