MKZ Roof Spoiler on an LS?

G

GrayGhost1

I got the dimensions of the roof spoiler that 3dCarbon sells for the MKZ. I don't know if it will fit the LS or not but if anyone can measure their LS according to the dimensions below let me know.

Roof Spoiler dimensions:
44" wide at top & 45.5" wide at bottom
3" tall

Picture below of the roof spoiler on the MKZ:

zephyrdecklid.jpg

Thanks for getting the measurements Ken.

I will measure the back window tomorrow and let you know.

would anyone actually put one on? personally I think it looks like an extension of the roof over the rear window. if it was flared up more that'd be worth it plus it wouldn't possibly cover the 3rd brake light, ill measure tomorow too since vivid has an 02 and see if it will cover the light.

If you wait they may make a MKz or Zephyr or what ever they are now with a third eye light in that position. They then would probably make a brake led on it "or", find a way to install one...

Just a thought.

I found this one, not a big fan but I thought it lookd ok .

frontoriginal.jpg

I'm w/ 97caddy.. $250.. OUCH!! I guess that's the price you pay for love. haha

But seriously.. I could see a side skirt, a spoiler, but a lip??

I think the LS is about 1/2 inch narrower, and the rear glass corners are more curved at the top. ALso we have the black rubber seal around it more visible whereas the MKZ glass is inset somewhat, so the spoiler wouldn't fit as cleanly on the LS.

I'm w/ 97caddy.. $250.. OUCH!! I guess that's the price you pay for love. haha

But seriously.. I could see a side skirt, a spoiler, but a lip??
You have to be kidding? You want stuff for free? I mean there's NOTHING available for the LS like this. So, with demand comes the supply issue. Economics 101.

well at the risk of sounding like a jerk, there doesn't seem to be big "demand" for it on here so following your economics 101 principle doesnt that normally mean the price will drop so where as we consumers will be willing to pay for your supply

Then someone here will buy one and everyone will follow the trend? Sad. Get over it thats how much they cost, economics 101: If you dont like it dont buy it........dont feel the need to complain.

You have to be kidding? You want stuff for free? I mean there's NOTHING available for the LS like this. So, with demand comes the supply issue. Economics 101.

VS

well at the risk of sounding like a jerk, there doesn't seem to be big "demand" for it on here so following your economics 101 principle doesnt that normally mean the price will drop so where as we consumers will be willing to pay for your supply

in my macroeconomics class, the professor points out both sides of marketing, and wants his colleagues to recognize them. i'll prob share this n class. ahha:rolleyes:

You know what's really sad? People bitching to high heaven that there's no aftermarket for the LS, then bitching about the cost of a part (which may or may not fit an LS) from about the only guy who's actively working with manufacturers to make sure that we do have an aftermarket.

All he wants to know is if it'll fit an LS so he can offer another aftermarket part for the LS. If you don't like the price or the part, then don't buy it, but don't rag on him for trying to expand our options.

it doesnt, the mkz rear windows is larger and has straighter corners, the ls has the rounded rubber trim, unless you cut the lip to fit the ls it wont which could be possible if we knew what material the lip was made of, plus the curve of the glass could be different.

You know what's really sad? People bitching to high heaven that there's no aftermarket for the LS, then bitching about the cost of a part (which may or may not fit an LS) from about the only guy who's actively working with manufacturers to make sure that we do have an aftermarket.

All he wants to know is if it'll fit an LS so he can offer another aftermarket part for the LS. If you don't like the price or the part, then don't buy it, but don't rag on him for trying to expand our options.

Also considering he probably wont make much profit either but still wants to share anything that comes around his way with us as consumers.

Ken if you figgure this out let me know, I "may" consider one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back