Replacing V6 Engine

BatMobile

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the input and PM's on this so far. But, I'm looking to replace my engine in my 00 V6. Does anybody know if all the 00-02 V6's are interchangeable? Also, I'm pretty ticked about having to do this so any advice on this job or shared experiences would be helpful and much appreciated. I have to find an engine and a shop to do it.

Thanks

Yes, you can use the D30 V6 from any year LS in the '00-'02 MY range for your donor. The change to VVT and CAN (which essentially preclude a swap) was in '03. An LLSOC member had his V6 replaced when one (or more) of his con rods stretched, causing pistons to beat themselves into the heads. IIRC, he had it done at his local Lincoln dealership, but I don't know how much it cost. I do know that he had over 120,000 miles on the car when the rods failed, and that failure of the D30 is a rare occurrence (not that it helps you any).

Good luck...

BTW, his story had a happy ending.

I had to replace the engine in my '01 LS (53k miles) and the dealership wanted $5700 for just the engine. They also said it had to be an '01 engine. I don't know why they would say that. I went on car-part.com and found an '01 engine with 7k miles on it. I bought it and paid a friend's dad for labor, all for under $1500.

Wow,

Thanks for the input. That's just about what the dealer quoted me plus an additional 3 grand for labor. Of course, then they wanted to sell me a new car. I was wondering about the years to increase my selection. So, 9enisP, you paid $1500 in total??? How did you go about checking the engine out? When I looked on car-part, some places say "hit hard" or "hit on front". So that makes me paranoid when I look at all the other ones that don't mention anything.

I replaced mine at 134,000 with an engine with about 1000 miles on it from Greenleaf: http://www.greenleafauto.com/

they have a V6 2000 ls engine listed in inventory with 1000 miles on it for $1800. You can pay a little more for a parts and labor waranty--well worth it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back