ABS problem on TC

drummer97223

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, My 92 TC's ABS light comes on sometimes, twice now the ABS has started working on a normal stop, it is kinda un-nerving. Can I disconnect the ABS somehow so I just have normal braking?

On the 1992 you can trigger an ABS self test that uses 'blink codes' to inform you what problems are present. Most likely problems are the wheel sensors.

Yes you can remove the fuse. Most likely what you have is a cracked exciter ring. Next time you have your wheels off take a close look at them and check for cracks.

Man mine does it bad! i have to watch it, it usually does it when your trying to stop somewhat fast but use to do it just on a regular 5mph stop or tap of the brakes. Can you just take the fuse out on a 95? I'll fix it later but i rather regular braking cuz when it kicks in it takes TOO much of the braking power away.

Man mine does it bad! i have to watch it, it usually does it when your trying to stop somewhat fast but use to do it just on a regular 5mph stop or tap of the brakes. Can you just take the fuse out on a 95? I'll fix it later but i rather regular braking cuz when it kicks in it takes TOO much of the braking power away.

It would probably throw a code, but yeah, removing the fuse will give you regular breaking.

Members online

Back