OK I need HELP BAD!!!!!

girty

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I locked my keys in my 2000 lincoln LS and was wondering if a slim jim unlock tool will work . i know some cars come with a gaurd so a slim jim won't open but was hoping that anybody in this forum would know. Thanks Girty

best bet is to call a locksmith and pay $50 to get the doors unlocked. also they will be responsible if they break the window

I thought the LSs had the keypad entry on them???
Not 1st Gen LSes. You can buy a keypad from Ford (it works like a keyless remote), but only the 2nd Gen LSes have them built-in.

Locked out sucks

ok i don't have AAA and still wondering if a unlock tool will work on the locks? I'm thinking about asking a police officer if they have a slim jim to use to get into my car but don't want to if it as a gaurd on it so if anybody as used a slim jim on a 2000 Lincoln LS please speak up!! (this sucks) Girty:confused:

i dont believe they have a "guard" on the car. the reason most police wont unlock your car with a slim jim is because if they break it, they are responsible for the window to be fixed, which ends up costing the taxpayers money in the long run

Yes!!!

Ok i got it open ! and the tennis ball trick worked don't ask me how but it did and now my doors are open!!! i lost my spare at the beach so that was not a option but i'm gonna get a key made tommorrow thats for sure! thanks for all the help.............. Girty

Buy two keys. Your dealer will have to program the first one, but when you have two working keys, you can buy another, have a lock shop cut it for you, then program it yourself (see the Owner's Guide for instructions). Take those spare keys and store them somewhere safe so you can program another key if you lose your original.

You might also look into one of the wireless keypads for the LS; someone around here bought one and mounted it under the lip on the trunk lid above the license plate mount. The dealer will have to program it, but it's great insurance for those times you lock the key in the car...

Ok i got it open ! and the tennis ball trick worked don't ask me how but it did and now my doors are open!!! i lost my spare at the beach so that was not a option but i'm gonna get a key made tommorrow thats for sure! thanks for all the help.............. Girty

Good to hear. Glad that worked. :D I was a bit skeptical myself.

bullish! but am willing to try it next time myself :D.

At least it wasn't running when you locked it, I had to wait about an hour myself when I locked myself out and the tow truck guy used shims to pry to passenger door back a bit and used a coat hangeresque tool to open it.

When you do cut a spare (if you can find a shop that can do it) hide it under the car somewhere so you can get at it next time. It doesn't have to be programed to start the car, just unlock the door. If your usual key is inside the car you can start it with that.

Is that tennis ball trick for real:shifty: ?

I gotta try that tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back