misteryrattle

bjlmk8

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been chasing a slight rattle for 2 months in my 1995 MK8. Seems more prevalant at slow speed. can't exactly tell where it comes from. Any common rattle problems??

At a really slow speed liek idle rolling somewhere in back I have a little squeek but after a while of driving it goes away

I've been chasing a slight rattle for 2 months in my 1995 MK8. Seems more prevalant at slow speed. can't exactly tell where it comes from. Any common rattle problems??

I'm still chasing the rattle. everything up front is ok...uca,sway bar,links,etc. I'm beginning to suspect my height control valve/sensors up front. I can move them by hand & they make a rattling sound. Any way to lubricate, adjust or tighten them to stop the noise????

The height sensors and what you call "control valves" - actually called Vent Solenoids are two different units. The height sensor is hooked up to the upper control arm. There should be a little movement in the sheight sensor. Take them off and put some grease on the ball joints. See if that will help. If the two screws on the bottom of the seonsor where it's bolted to the frame are loose, then.. well.. tighten them.

Solenoid.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back