Lincoln LS V8 vs Lincoln MKZ

bigbuck15

LVC Member
Reaction score
Which one do you think has a better interior and exterior?Which one do you think is faster 0-60 and which one would you pick and why?

Depends on what you want. The LS was made to compete with BMW. The Zephyr/MKZ was made to compete with the Lexus ES3XX and Acura TL.

LS. because of looks, coziness, and it gives me everything out of a car i need since it holds 3 surfboards 3 people and a 15 inch sub comfortably

I'll tell you what, i met up this past weekend with some friends i havent seen in awhile. One had a new Lexus GS430, another a Infiniti M45, another a Audi A6. My '05 Lincoln LS Ultimate was like a Taurus compared to those cars. I always thought of my LS as a nice luxury car, but to be honest i'm not really impressed with Lincoln anymore. Even a fully loaded MKZ doesnt come close to any of those cars and they arent to far off in price. I think after i have my LS for a few more years i am jumping to something else. American cars just dont compare to Lexus, Infiniti, Audi type cars.

I'll tell you what, i met up this past weekend with some friends i havent seen in awhile. One had a new Lexus GS430, another a Infiniti M45, another a Audi A6. My '05 Lincoln LS Ultimate was like a Taurus compared to those cars. I always thought of my LS as a nice luxury car, but to be honest i'm not really impressed with Lincoln anymore. Even a fully loaded MKZ doesnt come close to any of those cars and they arent to far off in price. I think after i have my LS for a few more years i am jumping to something else. American cars just dont compare to Lexus, Infiniti, Audi type cars.

couldnt agree more, the 04 LS will be my last American car, unless something impressive comes out.

Just wanted to add that the Lexus GS430 was just sick. The navigation system was insane. I still have the window sticker from my '05 LS and it was $45k new. A new '07 GS430 runs around $52k. That $7K buys you ALOT more car that no amount of mods can compare to.

my uncle just bought an MKZ, I was confused when I looked at the inside. It looked like a Ford 500(Taurus). My LS(6 years older) blew the interior away, and its 6 cylinder AND it still only gets 20mpg. Maybe Ford is trying to save some money?

I like the interior and exterior better on the LS so that's my pick.

I still have the window sticker from my '05 LS and it was $45k new. A new '07 GS430 runs around $52k. That $7K buys you ALOT more car that no amount of mods can compare to.

Yeah but who pays sticker for an American car?
:burnout:

Just wanted to add that the Lexus GS430 was just sick. The navigation system was insane. I still have the window sticker from my '05 LS and it was $45k new. A new '07 GS430 runs around $52k. That $7K buys you ALOT more car that no amount of mods can compare to.

Can't compare stickers. My '06 stickered for $49K. Even without X-Plan, I wouldn't have paid more than ~$38K. That $52K GS430 gets you a stripper version. Add the NAV and a few other options to make comparable to the LS and you're close to $57K.

I'm not saying the two cars are the same, just that the price difference is greater than you intimate.

I test drove the AWD MKZ, it's not at all a bad car. Have to agree that the dash takes some getting used to, but a decent alternative to a loaded Camry or Accord for about the same price. The LS is definately quicker and better handling.

I also drove an M35, and it blows both of them away. This was the first American car I bought in the last 10 years (last three were Lexus SC400, Nissan Maxima, and Toyota Avalon) and will probably be the last I buy for the next 10 years. LS Ultimate was selling for about the same price as a loaded Camry, seemed like a good idea at the time.

Interior isn't attractive on the MKZ, maybe it's the colors they used? Beige and light colored 'wud' is tacky - especially on a 'luxury' sedan.

Outside of the MKZ looks too simple and plain, nothing going for it really. Doesn't look mean, fast, or elegant.

I'll take my LS anyday over the MKZ, wish Furd had updated the LS platform instead.

The MKZ does'nt run with the GS 430,M45,A6 anyway they can run all the way up to at least 60 grand.I think the MKZ is a sweet car and the interior blows the Ls's out the water.For 35 grand a fully loaded MKZ is a deal so I don't know what the hell yall talkin bout.Also Nick you need to get your eyes checked cause a MKZ does'nt look :q:q:q:q like a ford 500 in the inside.Your 6 year older LS interior damn sure can't mess with the MKZ interior.It will dust your old ass Ls anyday so don't even say that.

http://autos.yahoo.com/2007_lincoln...lIrzjNEF?tab=gen&i=infulldash&a=all#imgshttp:

//autos.yahoo.com/2006_lincoln_ls_v8_sport-slideshow/;_ylt=AtgN2JxMKatpre_6aCMMlIqKyMgF?tab=gen&i=infulldash&a=all#imgs

The MKZ does'nt run with the GS 430,M45,A6 anyway they can run all the way up to at least 60 grand.I think the MKZ is a sweet car and the interior blows the Ls's out the water.For 35 grand a fully loaded MKZ is a deal so I don't know what the hell yall talkin bout.Also Nick you need to get your eyes checked cause a MKZ does'nt look :q:q:q:q like a ford 500 in the inside.Your 6 year older LS interior damn sure can't mess with the MKZ interior.It will dust your old ass Ls anyday so don't even say that.

http://autos.yahoo.com/2007_lincoln...lIrzjNEF?tab=gen&i=infulldash&a=all#imgshttp:

//autos.yahoo.com/2006_lincoln_ls_v8_sport-slideshow/;_ylt=AtgN2JxMKatpre_6aCMMlIqKyMgF?tab=gen&i=infulldash&a=all#imgs

Sir, This is a matter of opinion and personal preferance.
But you do seem to stand alone here on your preferance for the MKZ.
Personaly I find the MKZ to be FUKLEY. :)

this is a very biased thread. in MY OPINION that light colored woodgrain they are putting in these cars now a days is hideous. need to stick wtih the darker woodgrains. and the only interiors i saw of a MKZ were the most hideous color schemes possible all imo. completely black or completely white inside and out is the only color i would ever consider getting an MKZ in.

"I'll take my LS anyday over the MKZ, wish Ford had updated the LS platform instead."

yup!
:cool:

"I'll take my LS anyday over the MKZ, wish Ford had updated the LS platform instead."

Agreed!

I think the stuff i said has been taken out of context alittle bit. My main point was that the MKZ is i guess the top of the line for lincoln as far as sedans unless you want to drive a land yacht (Towncar). Even in the top of the line $50k Towncar the luxuries dont compare to that of the cheapest Audi, Lexus, Infiniti. American cars have become boring compared to that of the imports, which i hate to have to say. Whether its the engine, interior, technology the imports are killing the GM, Ford, Dodge. Does it surprise anyone that the sales of American cars are going to sh!t? After this past weekend i have "seen the light" of imports.

P.S. One of my last visits to the dealer i checked out the MKZ, the exterior is ok but the interior is ugly and very very boring.

P.S.S. So the Zephyr name only lasted one year? How dumb is that?

i choose the ls however for the price i dont think the mkz is all that bad. the interior is something different. it is what it is. you either like it or you dont but i think it was a good idea to try something different. as for foreign cars im all set. i like them and the power is nice but so isnt the cost of repairs. you think lincoln is expensive their even worse. ill stick with my ls. in the future i wouldnt mind an mkz but not till it has more hp.

I'm hoping to ride the LS to its last mile and then hopefully by then American autos will have "caught up" (wishful thinking, I know) to foreign automakers in the luxury sedan dept.

And then I'll live happily ever after haha

IMO, after they discontinued the Continental, I knew that was the beginning of the end for the LS. Lincoln needed a platform to bridge the gap pricewise for the older demo that couldn't afford a TC, so they started to add elements that were anti-sport around that time, like the rim options, the interior logos/presentation, etc. The 2nd gen. LS just seemed so old-folkish compared to the 00-02 to me. When I saw the keypad on the LS door, I knew its days were numbered. Instead of stepping their game up to try to snipe BMW (like the McLaren LS may have made a strong effort towards) it seems they regressed.

I thought the LS was originally intended to appeal to the younger market, the 35-49 crowd, but after the redesign, appearance-wise it just seemed to grow older each year to me. I still enjoy my LS, and I may go back and get an '02 LSE probably, but I think Ford really dropped the ball. Nobody respects Lincoln anymore to me, especially after the redesign of the Nav. Of all the "upgrade" brands like Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, etc., Lincoln is last in my book.

I'm hoping to ride the LS to its last mile and then hopefully by then American autos will have "caught up" (wishful thinking, I know) to foreign automakers in the luxury sedan dept.

And then I'll live happily ever after haha

that would be nice. i am hoping the same.

oh yea, comparing lincoln to infiniti/acura/lexus is irrelevant. i don't see a connection at all between lincoln and jdm and other overseas products

Last edited:

Members online

Back