magnaflow exhaust

o3sonicbluexlt

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i had purchased a exhaust systemt from hottexhaust.com for 499.97. i was excited to finally get it put on today. got it out of the box, took the stock exhaust off and come to find out, the pipes which are different lengths were welded on the opposite of what they needed to be, which caused a 3 inch gap between the pipes. calling to jim at tech support, he said that there was nothing that they could do for me except refund me the money. just to make sure, he wanted me to email him pics to verify our story. he said that he would be at work for 2 hours from the time of our call. 1 hour later i emailed him the pics, then called to talk to him. HE LEFT FOR THE DAY!! i then talked to rich, he set me up with the local magnaflow dealers that will weld in a pipe to make up the difference in the length, and they will reimburse me for the work done. there i vented!!!

has anyone else had this problem?

Mine was a direct fit with no gaps so yours should be the same. And i have never talked to anyone that there was a gap in their kit.

The LS system on their site sells for $701. How did you end up paying $499? Was it a universal exhaust?

Post pics.....please

What year and is it a sport V8?

The only problem I know of is it falling a bit short of the rear bumpers.

ill see if i can get the pics off of my dads computer. in december, there was a thread that hottexhaust.com was having a deal for the magnaflow exhaust for 5??.?? with a discount the total came to 499.97 with the free shipping

rotate the pipes... put the long one on the other side man. that pipe can go on two ways...you have it upside-down.

i did think of the, BUT if i did that the crossover pipe would hit the drivetrain tunnel guard which would cause a whole new situation. the pipes were welded onto the wrong sides of the crossover pipe

do you know how many others would have that problem? My guess is your doing something wrong or its a rip off of the real thing.

rotate the pipes... put the long one on the other side man. that pipe can go on two ways...you have it upside-down.

You live in Japan? Did you import your car with you or something, I mean why the US spec left hand drive?

Any way I looked at your pics and I like that whole Lincoln Star over the third eye, mind telling me how its done?

I'm in the military. Bought the car in the states and got deployed to Japan a year later. The LS is sittin in Dallas in a warehouse with 60,000 miles on the ticker. Can't wait to drive it again.

The third brake light... I made a sticker of the Lincoln emblem out of lamination paper. Put it on the inside of the lens and painted the back of the lense, let it dry peeled the sticker. You got your self a lincoln emblem 3rd brake light.

There are lots of lefties over here by the way... impala's, camaro's, stang's, bmw's, navigator's, you name it.... it's here. Most of them have no miles on them either. Just saw a 2000 camaro SS with 30k on it for sale for 6500.00

Yeah I hear Mercedes are really big Lefties...wink, over there with the real VIP guys. I hear they kinda drive in formation like jets and :q:q:q:q down bussy ass highways and everbody moves...I wonder why...Someone says it Yakuza but I laughed at that.

after talking with the people from magnaflow, they said that they would return the system, but if they sent me another one, i would have the same problem

I'm in the military. Bought the car in the states and got deployed to Japan a year later. The LS is sittin in Dallas in a warehouse with 60,000 miles on the ticker. Can't wait to drive it again.

The third brake light... I made a sticker of the Lincoln emblem out of lamination paper. Put it on the inside of the lens and painted the back of the lense, let it dry peeled the sticker. You got your self a lincoln emblem 3rd brake light.

There are lots of lefties over here by the way... impala's, camaro's, stang's, bmw's, navigator's, you name it.... it's here. Most of them have no miles on them either. Just saw a 2000 camaro SS with 30k on it for sale for 6500.00

6500.00 thats it I hear that 300c's are like twice the amount they are here!?

Any VIP LS's around Japan?

after talking with the people from magnaflow, they said that they would return the system, but if they sent me another one, i would have the same problem

Youve gotta be talking about the exit of the pipes or something, unless its just BS which I dont want to call you out on.

If its the exit of the pipes falling short of the bumper its common and all you have to do is make sure you get a nice tip to put on that aint to Coffe can looking. Other than that with what you stated about :q:q:q:qy Magnaflow, the only other best thing I can tell you is go to a shop and have them try something.

Actually since this systems suck so damn much anyways keep the piepes cut out the mufflers and cats and get some other mufflers like flow master hushpower 2's or something. and have a shop do it up or if you can do it yourself. I would like to see some new exhaust Ideas, I got some in mind.

The support bar that is welded to the two resonators should be on the side facing the ground if it is installed correctly.

sorry lsvipdemon, i dont think that i would bs about something like that, why would i?. my name is not r-bones. actually i found a quicker way to fix the problem. i had to take the mounts that are in front of the diff and extend them approx 1 inch so the crossover pipe did not hit the car at all. ive gone over speed bumps and the exhaust did not hit, so i think im ok

Members online

Back