02 Rear dash

Boomhower

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I've looked at picture after picture this afternoon, but I haven't been able to find a good one and I can't find anything in searching.

My questions:
1) Will an 03+ rear dash interchange with an 02?
2) My 02 rear dash has a 6x9 under it, but has no speaker grille or holes on the top side. The 03+ do. Wonder why?

My reason: I want to omit the 3rd brake light inside. The spoiler I have, has a 3rd brake light built into it, and I don't want 4 brake lights.

Can't you just remove the light?? I think it just sits on the deck.

It sits down in four holes with clips on the two forward holes, and there is about a 2 inch hole where the wiring comes thru, and the carpeting is cut out around that hole.

I've looked at picture after picture this afternoon, but I haven't been able to find a good one and I can't find anything in searching.

My questions:
1) Will an 03+ rear dash interchange with an 02?
2) My 02 rear dash has a 6x9 under it, but has no speaker grille or holes on the top side. The 03+ do. Wonder why?

My reason: I want to omit the 3rd brake light inside. The spoiler I have, has a 3rd brake light built into it, and I don't want 4 brake lights.

I can't tell you for sure if the rear decks will interchange or not, but I can tell you that the 03+ does not have any cut-outs for speakers. In that respect, it's the same as your 02.

I can't tell you for sure if the rear decks will interchange or not, but I can tell you that the 03+ does not have any cut-outs for speakers. In that respect, it's the same as your 02.

But I have seen some with speaker grilles. Maybe the difference is in the factory sound systems, or maybe they weren't intorduced until one of the later years. I can't remember what year of LS it was that I was looking at that showed the speaker grilles.

My '06 has speaker grilles on the rear deck.

I really don't see why it wouldn't fit. There may be minor differences, but they look the same to me.

Members online

Back