Got taken by a BMW 325 today.

DarkMansLSEV8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats the HP on those little suckers, the guy did take off before me and someone did get infront of me. I almost did catch up with him but he took me completely. Is the LS faster than those?

Whats the HP on those little suckers, the guy did take off before me and someone did get infront of me. I almost did catch up with him but he took me completely. Is the LS faster than those?

What year 325? I know the old ones, I think from 2000 to 2003 or 2004 were like 185hp. The 330i had a little more power, somewhere around 215 or so. Don't quote me on that. I almost bought a BMW 330i with the ZHP package and the salesmen at the BMW dealership told me that it had 230 hp. It seemed faster then that on the test drive.

06 325xi
3.0L I-6
215BHP
Curb weight: 3285lbs

They no longer offer the 325 so I believe 215BHP is about the best you'll get

I know he cheated first of all, he took off before me, and then someone got infront of me, it was not a fair run.

did you floor the LS? Its the pedal on the right, not the left, hehe :)

These threads are funny sometimes. Someone a while back was talking about how fast the little Acura RSX Type-S's were and how his LS kept getting beat by one. I raced a stick RSX-S two days ago three times off the line and killed him each time by HUGE amounts in my 04 V8.

But once in my 02 V8, I was beaten by a Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Guess the LS has its good and bad days.

I got a 1992 325is. It has about 190hp and weighs in at 3000#s. It is a quick car with a 5 speed. I'm pretty sure it'll keep up with a stock LS. Automatics are dogs though.

I am guessing that it was the new 325i, the 06 with 215hp. According to Car and Driver it (sport package and manual tranny) does 0-60 in 6.1 and a quarter mile in 14.7 with a top speed of 147mph.

The older e46 325i (2001-2005) has 184hp and is slower than the new one.

The e36 325i (1992-1995) has 189 hp and with manual is pretty quick.

The e30 325i (1986-1991) has 168 hp and it's not gonna keep up with a V8 LS, but is sure one quick sucker.

The e46 (2001-2005) 330i has 225 hp, but the 330i with zhp package has 235 hp and different differential gearing with 25% locking. That one does 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and quarter in 14.2 according to Car and Driver.

So if you raced an automatic 06 325i (if the start was even) he probably wasn't gonna walk away, but maybe.

You know that if you would have been driving a Mark VIII that wouldn't have happened. Let that be a lesson to ya.:D Mark VIII's. The real deal.

good days AND bad...

Had a run in with a kid in a bright yellow G6?...We both turned left onto a 4 lane and i stayed left (like your supposed to)he immidiately went to the right , i had the luxury of hearing him out my sun roof crack and gave her a kick.Did I cheat?
My wife was NOT impressed from her side of the car.
The car just "thinks" about accelerating before it actually does.Needs another good 25 horse me thinks.(hey maybe i should do better than 91 octane?LMAO)
I never left the kid like i expected you know?He only faded a bit.We only made it to about 70 then hit traffic , but I got the W.Thats all that matters?Lol

Last edited:
Had a run in with a kid in a bright yellow G6?...We both turned left onto a 4 lane and i stayed left (like your supposed to)he immidiately went to the right , i had the luxury of hearing him out my sun roof crack and gave her a kick.Did I cheat?
My wife was NOT impressed from her side of the car.
The car just "thinks" about accelerating before it actually does.Needs another good 25 horse me thinks.(hey maybe i should do better than 91 octane?LMAO)
I never left the kid like i expected you know?He only faded a bit.We only made it to about 70 then hit traffic , but I got the W.Thats all that matters?Lol

hey im just happy i can take those regular wrx's all day

Too bad you didn't have my '94 Eldorado--You would have owned him. ;)

Normal situation you'd do better. As mentioned above the manual ones can sprint good.

Its always hard to catch up from behind even with a quicker car. If its only a little quicker forget it.

I'll take my LSE over my LSC for traffic racing anyday.

I raced a 2003-04 325i in my 98 LSC. It was even off the line and then quickly put 3 car lengths on him up to 65mph. Not sure if it was auto or manual.

hey im just happy i can take those regular wrx's all day

I hope you dont mean you can beat a Subaru WRX with a LS. I just got rid of my wrx for my ls. My WRX would strait up kick any LS's ass on this site or anywhere. The ONLY ls that would even hang withmy wrx is "QUICK LS" car. I think he has a best time of like 13.? sec 1/4. My wrx went 13.24 1/4 is was stock except the boost controler (only ran 7 psi more then stock) and i had stight exhaust (no cat no muffler)

chris wrx 002_edited.jpg

My wrx went 13.24 1/4 is was stock except the boost controler (only ran 7 psi more then stock) and i had stight exhaust (no cat no muffler)

thats not stock. well it is stock, but it is modified. too bad they didn't make the ls stock with a turbo!!

I hope you dont mean you can beat a Subaru WRX with a LS. I just got rid of my wrx for my ls. My WRX would strait up kick any LS's ass on this site or anywhere. The ONLY ls that would even hang withmy wrx is "QUICK LS" car. I think he has a best time of like 13.? sec 1/4. My wrx went 13.24 1/4 is was stock except the boost controler (only ran 7 psi more then stock) and i had stight exhaust (no cat no muffler)

I think they meant the non-turbo Sub.

Quik's car hasn't been to the track with the supercharger yet from what I've seen, so no times.

2 guys with 05s on here spray 100shots and run 13.3s so thats as close as it gets. I can't speak for VanDarla but rocket5979/KBXs car has a little more in it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back