Re-Chroming Wheels?

SmokeyClay

LVC Member
Reaction score
Where can I get a set of 20-inch 3-piece wheels re-chromed?

The wheels are in Miami, FL... but I am having trouble finding a shop anywhere.

Help!

theres a shop in okeechobee by my house here in Hialeah, as a matter of fact i gotta take one of my chrome wheels to get fixed. Im going to see if i pass by tommorrow to talk to them about the wheel, ill let you know the address.

NickLS said:
Florida to California.. I wonder what the postage is gonna be on that.

yea i'm sure theres gotta be a ton of places in miami that re-dip chrome rims

You have to be careful to find just any Joe Shmo to chrome plate your wheels. I sent my wheels to Wheels Concepts because they chrome plate wheels for the OEM's. This means that if the big car manufacturers can trust their wheels to be plated by them then that is good enough for me. Shipping costs from Knoxville, TN to California was like $15-$20 per wheel each way via FedEx.

Let me know how it goes DarkMansLSEV8,

GrayGhost; Ill give them a call tom. and see what they have to say.

thanks guys

I once thought about having mine re-chromed, I just wanted them better than everyone elses. But when I called around, Atlanta, Cali, and a few other places, they told me since they were already chrome that it was more work and would cost more than if I just sent them a polished set of the same wheels. When I figured out the total cost of shipping and re-chroming, I would have been able to buy a set of polished or black wheels and have them chrome plated the way I wanted them. I would really like to keep this post going. Definately post up if you get any new information. Thanks Alex.

yeh my manager scratched his wheel on his jag and called around was looking for about 150-200 to rechrome his 20" wheel

see thats the thing, i can get a new wheel for my car for cheaper than that, so i dont know if im going to rechrome it or buy a new wheel. Im going to pass by the shop maybe today and ask them how much it would be to get fixed, and ill let you guys know.

The reason I chrome plated the OZ Racing Wheels is because they didn't offer it in chrome. If you can buy a replacement wheel cheaper than re-chroming it then there is no discussion.

see im guessing that the rechroming is going to run me around 150+ and i can get a new rim shipped to my house for 115, no discussion like Ken said.

My problem is the re-chroming seems like it will be the logical way to go since the wheels I have cost over 600 a piece new, although I got them for less than 250 with new tires...

the shops in Miami do seem like a Joe Schmo operation, and the only two reputable ones that used to offer this service are not anymore (Miami chassis & Turbax)

I actually used to work for Quality Metal Finishing here in Illinois, if you look on anything chrome in your house like your toilet bowl flusher you'll see the QMF label. To be honest, re-chroming is such a hassle. What exactly is wrong with the wheel that you need it re-chromed?

The person who I am buying them from used to park his car next to the Ocean in Miami, the salt got in between the wheels and the tire. So now, the tires leak air...

Members online

No members online now.
Back