Need help with my trap speed only 91-92mph?!

maxmk8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1998 Mark VIII with roughly 50k miles.

Maintenance that would relate to my times:

Spark Plugs - OEM not changed since car idles smooth and only 50k miles
Fuel filter- 8k
Air filter - 10k
Tranny fluid - 8k

Here are my mods that would affect my times:

3.73 gears with TL
MMX shaft
Chip from Torrie
18" adr rims
(no spare/jack)

Yesterday I ran a best time of 14.89 @ 92.1 mph, I had a 2.22 60ft I went through the 1/8 at 7.58 @ 74mph.

Mt trap speed is WAY too low I have a feeling something is up with my tune. I should be running around a 14.5 @ 95-96mph with a chip and that is relatively conservative.

I think from what I've read on here you fuel pump may be holding you back. Also how much heavier are the 18s than stock.

22lbs each... not much heavier than the chrome 10 spokes. I don't see how the fuel pump is holding me back? I Don't even trap at a stock MPH. (94-96)

I picked up about 2.5mph average and a perfect .5secs when I put my stock wheels on to race in my LSE. The 20s are about 60lbs vs. 45lbs for the stockers. Conditions weren't the same but it was alot more gained than expected.

The fuel pump has been discussed a few times as being a problem under drag conditions.

Has your chip been programmed to recognize the gears? I went to 3.73 and was shifting into O/D around 94 mph leaving me with a trap of 95. With the chip programmed for gears I'm trapping over 98 mph.

Yes chip was programmed to recognize the gears. Advance timing 2 degrees and increase the line pressure.

Members online

Back