Smashed my winter car (pics)

C-Snizzle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know how everyone likes pics of wrecks....so I figured I would share. My tps stuck at WOT around a corner and I t-boned a new Grand Prix. Both cars were totaled, but no one was not injured. The impact was so hard that I bent my racing steering wheel!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Before:
craigbryan002.jpg

After:
Cavaliercrash3.jpg

CavalierCrash2.gif

Cavaliercrash.gif

beaups said:
cavies have drive by wire????

that was my thought as well.

Did you have a passanger? It looks like something broke the front windshield on the right side.

Glad to hear no one was hurt..... quite a bit of damage.

HAHA sorry for the typo...I re-worded it and apparently didnt delete it all. Whoops. And as far as the fsot...I dont know if it was the tps, but The car revved up on its own sometimes but it was never a problem until....well now!

C-Snizzle said:
HAHA sorry for the typo...I re-worded it and apparently didnt delete it all. Whoops. And as far as the fsot...I dont know if it was the tps, but The car revved up on its own sometimes but it was never a problem until....well now!

glad everyone is ok

but you knew that it was doing this...and you drove it anyway :slam

ps. it was ALWAYS a problem, but now it got a lot bigger

I had the same problem w/ an old car that was driven by wire. Somehow the cable got a kink in it and as soon as you pushed on the peddle, it stuck... so it constantly wanted to accelerate. NOT GOOD when your in traffic. I had to brake with both feet so hard that I could feel the peddle bend, AND I had to use the E-brake to slow it to a stop.

There were several times (before I had an opportunity to pull it off to a side road) that I had to shift it in neutral (or just shut it off) and had to get out, pop the hood and physically pull the cable out back out so that the car wouldn't rev.. I had to do this for about 10 mile of traffic and lights before I got it to a car shop. It was the scariest time of my life... I prayed the entire time that I the brakes would hold on not rear end someone.

I had a similar problem with my mustang, When i put on the new intake it twisted the cable just a tiny bit so every once in a blue moon it would bind and stick wide open. It was a little scary since that car had alot of power and at wot things happened pretty fast. So i just added a big return spring and that fixed it and it never binded again.

Members online

Back