noobie

dtx01

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Today I purchased a Black 03' LS V8 with 15kmiles. I'm picking it up sunday or monday. I jumped out of a 04' Mazda 6s 5door.

As far as right now I'm going to put tint all around, throw my system and Sirius in as well as the autostart all from my Mazda.

I see a lot of aftermarket parts for this car. Any suggestions on upgrades?

Thanks, Dave.

here's an old pic of my mazda
142725972_l.gif

why did you drop the Mazda, if you dont mind me asking? I mean from a Mazda (JAP) to a Lincoln LS (Domestic) theres a huge difference.

Performance people tend to jump on exhaust systems, K & N products (CAI, filters, Air boxes) while appearence people do tints, rims, grille. The lists can go on and on, there are many variations and other things you can do without breaking the bank. The fun of owning the LS for me is that there is always something to mod (or repair lol).

At any rate welcome to LvC and certainly surf old threads for some ideas, tips, stories and everything else LS related, there is a wealth of info on this site, take advantage!

I'd suggest looking at some of the galleries of members on the board & use their upgrades as guidelines for what you can achieve. There's a lot of options for the grille, lighting, body, rims and this place is a great haven for performance advice.

i suggest checking out Ken's website if you havent checked it out yet...www.lskoncepts.com and just search around there and see what you like then decide which way you want to go (visual or speed) or both haha and welcome 2 LvC

well the mazda was an impulse buy. i loved it but the car still didn't move like i wanted it to.

the LS is a nice lux car at a descent price. i know so far i'm gonna tint it and do the system. maybe the LSE grill and some emblems. If the lights look good I might not touch them besides make it all white. Lowering is nice and looks great but the whole suspension should be done in that case and I dont want to spend that much, i might put some descent rims on it after I sell my 19" ADR rims off the Mazda.. We'll c, i'll keep ya guys updated and paybe snap a pic when I get it in a few days.

I also have a question. What type of gas should i use for the LS and.. what kind of oil do people use for it, anything special?

Thanx.

dtx01 said:
... but the whole suspension should be done in that case and I dont want to spend that much...

nah there are plenty of people on here with just springs (something like $300) that are doing fine. its not a radical drop where you need new shocks and bump stops and the works. just get springs and a set of shocks and you'll be good. and like LS_KiNG said, buy from ken at lskoncepts.com

These cars take Premium, and I think the oil is 5/20 or something like that. I havent had my car that long yet for the first oil change.

i get my oil done at lincoln, for now, but definitely make sure u put 91+, i put 93, anything below and possible for engine messed up ness, lol

Members online

Back