03 Navigation For 00

LS_KiNG

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
if i bought a stock navigation that came out of an 03 LS would it fit correctly in my 2000 and would the navigation actually work correctly?? thanks and if it matters my radio does not have a cassette or cd player in it however there is a 6cd changer in the glove box if that matters

LS_KiNG said:
if i bought a stock navigation that came out of an 03 LS would it fit correctly in my 2000 and would the navigation actually work correctly?? thanks and if it matters my radio does not have a cassette or cd player in it however there is a 6cd changer in the glove box if that matters

Do a search. This has been asked dozens and dozens and dozens of times before. Basically unless you're an electrical/mechanical engineer and/or have thousands of dollars to spend, the short answer is no. If you want Nav in an LS, its easier to simply get an 03+ car.

ToddG said:
Do a search. This has been asked dozens and dozens and dozens of times before. Basically unless you're an electrical/mechanical engineer and/or have thousands of dollars to spend, the short answer is no. If you want Nav in an LS, its easier to simply get an 03+ car.
Or buy an aftermarket Navigation system.

get an eclipse avn6600 their pretty nice.

DarkMansLSEV8 said:
which ones are good aftermarket navigation systems out there.

DarkMansLSEV8

Do a search. This has been asked dozens and dozens and dozens of times before. :D

if 1300 is out of your budget i recommend a handheld/portable one, there are some good ones for around 300 bucks.

I spent a lot of time researching different brands and models for in dash, double din nav systems, if you look on ebay you can find the random japanese import to Kenwood Pioneer units that are a lot cheaper than retail. Just make sure you read the description/payment/return info VERY carefully, buy from a reputiable seller and get it insured .

I ended up with the Pioneer AVIC-D2 and I love it, but best buy did the install and they had to fashion a custom piece to fill the space (at least for 1st gen LSs)

If you try and buy one from ebay be careful, a lot of guys over at avic411.com have been saying quite a few scams have been going on with the pioneer avic z-1, like jrock said just be careful.

I installed the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 in ours. Phenominal. But if $1300 is out of your budget, that unit will break the bank.

Members online

No members online now.
Back