tweeters in the 02 ls

nortyhat

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey does anyone know the size of the stock tweeters in the 02 ls. because i want to know if the jl audio xr components tweeters would fit perfect in there.

Don't even waste your time, they are poorly placed and positioned. You would be better off mounting the tweeter in the same general area as the speaker. They serve no purpose except for Lincoln to advertise that they have +2 more speakers in their audio setup.

ok i understand but i really dont know where to put 2 sets of tweeters in the ls. does the back seats headrest pull out i havent checked yet i was thinking about putting them on there like facing the windows.

Put em on the front doors like I did. Like this:

tweeter.JPG

If you're talking about the speakers in the console, they're not really tweeters they are presence speakers. Not necessary at all, the THX systems don't even have them.

For the best imaging, you want the distance between the left tweeter and your left ear to be as close as possible to the distance between the right tweeter and your right ear. You also want the tweeter located as close as possible to the midbass. The factory location is actually a very good choice, down in the kick panel is even better.

i like yours hyelifels but i really didnt want to cut into my side panels like that. you know. i wanted my ls to look somewhat factory but at the same time has the same :q:q:q:q as an aftermarket car or what a person do to theirs. you understand what im trying to say. but thanks for the advice and yours look real clean. whoever did it.

I did the install.

Well, as I am going to sell my LS soon, I removed all the aftermarket speakers except the tweeters. I connected them to the stock speakers and they sound real nice.

I didn't take em out so I won't have an ugly hole, also those Infinity tweeters match the color of my interior really good, so if someone wouldn't know, they would think they are stock.

nortyhat said:
i like yours hyelifels but i really didnt want to cut into my side panels like that. you know. i wanted my ls to look somewhat factory but at the same time has the same :q:q:q:q as an aftermarket car or what a person do to theirs. you understand what im trying to say. but thanks for the advice and yours look real clean. whoever did it.

I kept my tweeter by midbass and what helped out the most to lift the staging was installing 6X9 in the rear deck.. I HAve some more pics at the link below .. Its a work in progress doing the install on this car, hoping to kick it into high gear within the next few weeks. Doing some plexiglass with LED light for a floating affect i'm hoping, got to talk to buddy about what he is wanting to do for install. And for those wondering all components in the doors are 6.5" MB Quart Reference series.. Very nice and would recommend to anyone for definately great bass response and clarity..
http://www.pbase.com/jdsimons/project_ls&page=1

large.gif

tweeter placement

I put the infinity reference tweeter on the piece of molding that covers the sideview mirror. I very carefully used a hole saw to cut the circle. The whole was close but needed some sanding with a rounded file. It was flat on one side with a curve on the other. Once the hole was big enough, I was able to press-fit the tweeter into the molding. The bezel was painted with some Duplicolor interior panel paint to color match it to the interior. Looks factory.

As far as placement for 2 sets of tweeters (I am assuming 4 tweeters), I'd place them by the side view mirrors, like I did, and by the woofer in the front door as jdsimons had done.

I had a '90 300zx with RockFord Fosgate components in it. Nice speaker set with four tweeters. I had 2 in the mirrors and the other two set into the trim pieces behind the seats facing forward. It sounded great to me, but I don't know what the real audiophiles would have to say about the sound stage.

DSC03735.JPG

DSC03736.JPG

DSC03739.JPG

yea i thought about putting them by the mirror like my galant. but i dont, maybe ill have to see when i get home. thanks though

large.gif
[/QUOTE]
I put mine just like this but a little more toward the midbass because i tried to put them in the same spot as shown here but my tweeters were to thick so i have to put them on the edge of the mid bass hole.

Members online

No members online now.
Back