Remote Start help

TheRebel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a galaxy 2000RS remote start and a Directed Electronics 1100F security bypass module (no key required). I cannot get my 03 LS V8 to start without the key in the ignition. If I leave the key in, the car starts but the check advance trac and service parking brake messages pop up. I can press reset on the dash controls and the two messages will go away (parking brake works fine). I tried to see if there were any DTCs with my Xcal but none were listed. If I start the car with the factory key I get no messages and everything is working fine. The module has a wire that is suppose to be connected to a “ground only when running”. I cannot find one. The remote start also has the same type of ground wire. I called directed electronics (no help) and they said the ground only when running wire on the module should be connected to the ground only when running wire on the remote start. Did that and still can’t get the car to start without the key in the ignition and I still got the error messages. Anyone got any ideas?

TheRebel said:
I have a galaxy 2000RS remote start and a Directed Electronics 1100F security bypass module (no key required). I cannot get my 03 LS V8 to start without the key in the ignition. If I leave the key in, the car starts but the check advance trac and service parking brake messages pop up. I can press reset on the dash controls and the two messages will go away (parking brake works fine). I tried to see if there were any DTCs with my Xcal but none were listed. If I start the car with the factory key I get no messages and everything is working fine. The module has a wire that is suppose to be connected to a “ground only when running”. I cannot find one. The remote start also has the same type of ground wire. I called directed electronics (no help) and they said the ground only when running wire on the module should be connected to the ground only when running wire on the remote start. Did that and still can’t get the car to start without the key in the ignition and I still got the error messages. Anyone got any ideas?
Make sure you are using your Key Sense wire (Red/White +) in the ignition harness. That will kill the check lights. As far as the 1100F check all connections and read over the installation instructions again to make sure you didn't miss any thing.

I think you probably didn't tell your car that the module is a "new key". You need two working keys. Open the owners manual and follow the process to program a new key. When it comes time in the process to insert your "new key" activate the remote start. This programs the PCM to see the bypass module as a new key.......

and the advance trac message is the EXACT same thing that happened to me until I did the process I described above.

I just pulled up direct wire and the part you are using here is some info on it:

2003 Lincoln LS

Type: SecuriLock

Part #: 1100F

Notes: Standard on all models. When using the 1100X, a software change to 1100FM is needed.

The Car has 3 acc. wires. You have to make sure that all of them are also hooked up. If one of them is not hooked up the car will start but you may through some lights on the car or things will not work like the a/c radio, windshild wipers, ect.. If you need the wire diagrams let me know. Other wise like said before you don't have the bypass mod programed. You need to do this to make the car start without a key.

OH AND THE GROUND WHEN RUNNING WIRE MUST BE HOOKED UP. THIS IS WHAT ALLOWS THE BYPASS MOD TO SEE IT'S OKAY TO BRODCATS THE KEY CODE. IF THIS IS NOT HOOKED UP THE BYPASS MOD WILL NOT LET THE CAR KNOW IT'S ALRIGHT OT START AND THE CAR SEES NO KEY CODE. EACH WIRE SHOULD BOTH BE BLUE / WHITE. YOU WILL HAVE ONE ON THE ALARM AND ONE ON THE BYPASS MOD. (HOOK THOES BOTH UP TOGETHER ONE ON THE ALARM TO THE ONE ON THE BYPASS MOD) AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD! JUST REMEMBER TO PROGRAM THE BYPASS MOD AGAIN BECAUSE THE FIRST TIME YOU DID IT, IT DID NOT PROGRAM BECAUSE THESE WIRE WERE NOT HOOKED UP.

PGA2B said:
Make sure you are using your Key Sense wire (Red/White +) in the ignition harness. That will kill the check lights. As far as the 1100F check all connections and read over the installation instructions again to make sure you didn't miss any thing.

Which wire am I suppose to hook the key sense wire up to?

NickLS said:
Check out www.the12volt.com

They got wiring diagrams for EVERYTHING!!! I didn't search for the Galaxy auto start but they do have almost everything else..

I did. Someone there posted that the Ground and Ignition wires in the 1100F instructions were opposite of what was listed. When I talked to Directed they said that was not true. Ignition is the black wire and Ground is the Orange/Gray wire at the transponder connector. Can anyone verify this?

beaups said:
I think you probably didn't tell your car that the module is a "new key". You need two working keys. Open the owners manual and follow the process to program a new key. When it comes time in the process to insert your "new key" activate the remote start. This programs the PCM to see the bypass module as a new key.......

The module has two program modes. Unused and standard installation. Which one should I use? Also should I already be in the mode with the module hooked up when I get ready to program it as a third key (I know I don't have a lot of time for prgramming a third key) The instruction with the module say that after selecting the correct mode I insert the first key. Turn the ignition to the ON position. The module LED will illuminate. Wait for the car security light to turn off. Turn the ignition OFF. Insert the second key and repeat the same procedure. Press and release the programming button once (module only has one progamming button) and remote start the vehicle. Wait for the LED to illuminate for two seconds. Programming is complete.
However, I never get the car to start by remote once I remove the second key and press the programming button.

pdzcallday said:
The Car has 3 acc. wires. You have to make sure that all of them are also hooked up. If one of them is not hooked up the car will start but you may through some lights

EACH WIRE SHOULD BOTH BE BLUE / WHITE. YOU WILL HAVE ONE ON THE ALARM AND ONE ON THE BYPASS MOD. (HOOK THOES BOTH UP TOGETHER ONE ON THE ALARM TO THE ONE ON THE BYPASS MOD) AND .

Currently I am only tapped into two acc wires so I might have a problem there.

I want to make sure I have this correct. The ground when running on the remote start is connected to the ground when running on the interface module. Those are the only two things that are connected by the ground when running wire? The factory harness is not tapped anywhere for a ground when running wire?

TheRebel said:
The module has two program modes. Unused and standard installation. Which one should I use? Also should I already be in the mode with the module hooked up when I get ready to program it as a third key (I know I don't have a lot of time for prgramming a third key) The instruction with the module say that after selecting the correct mode I insert the first key. Turn the ignition to the ON position. The module LED will illuminate. Wait for the car security light to turn off. Turn the ignition OFF. Insert the second key and repeat the same procedure. Press and release the programming button once (module only has one progamming button) and remote start the vehicle. Wait for the LED to illuminate for two seconds. Programming is complete.
However, I never get the car to start by remote once I remove the second key and press the programming button.

Seems you should be in standard install mode. everything should be hooked up and ready to go when you program it as the third key. if everything is done correctly the car will start after you follow the process w/the first 2 keys and then push (and usually hold) the remote car start buttons and it should actually start...and then it will become the 3rd key.

I did not wire my start system so I can't help you there. however, I only took one key in and they could not program the module. I did that part myself as I described in my earlier post.

Good luck.

Here is how I currently have may remote start wired. Please take a look at it and tell me if I am missing something or have something connected that is not needed. I don't know if I need the domelight and Factory Alarm disarm hooked up to the Power door Unlock. If I don't please let me know. Everything seems to be working except for the car will not start without a key in the ignition (the key can be in the off position so I think I'm headed in the right direction) I'll try some of the suggestions in the previous posts but wanted someone with more knowledge to take a look at my connections. Also I haven't hooked up the parking lights yet, because I read that I'll need two relays and a 1800 ohm resistor to hook them up. The remote start has a polarity setting for the parking lights. If I set the polarity to negative, will I still need two relays and a resistor to hook them up? If not which wire will I tap into, the white/blue or brown green wire at the headlight switch? Thanks for the help

remote hook up1.GIF

I give up. I think the 1100F bypass module is bad or just won't learn my cars transponder codes. I'm returning it. What do you guys recommend for a good, easy to install and program bypass module?

this is what I have for your car:

12V : Red (X2) (common 20a)
Starter : Gray/Black
Ignition: Green/Black
Acc: Pink/White and Pink/Yellow
Second Acc: yellow

Make sure these are connected like listed. If connected any other way may pervent the car from starting. The ground when start wire must be hooked up from the alarm to the bypass mod. Not to anything factory. If this is all done right the check to make sure that your tach is programed or st to do voltage sence. This will also make the car not start. After that try a new bypass mod. If that does not work then there is something wrong with the wireing, or the programed bypass mod (not programed right). I am looking and everything seems to be the same as my car (2000) and I did mine without any problems. Let me know.

Using the remote start system and its key fob the following things work
lock, unlock, trunk pop, panic, domelight, horn, parking lights, and it still remote starts with a key in the ignition. I tied in the other acc wire and I get no more errors when I remote start the car with the key in the ignition. After the car starts I can remove the key and the car continues to run. This makes me think that I have everything connected properly for the remote start system. However I still cannot get the bypass module programmed so that I don't have to leave the key in the ignition. I bought the 1100f from FadFusion.com and I am requesting info on returning it but they are not answering me. In the meantime, what do you recommend for a good bypass module?

Rebel did you program the bypass module using TWO WORKING LS keys and the process descrebed in the manual?

beaups said:
Rebel did you program the bypass module using TWO WORKING LS keys and the process descrebed in the manual?

Yes, the two keys I used were fully functional and not valet keys

I work with dei only. always seems to work. one more question.. when you put the bypass mod in did you put a ring around the ignition? if that's not installed then the bypass mod will not program or work. if you can get it to start with the key in the ignition then it's something with the bypass mod send the "key coad" to the computer.

pdzcallday said:
I work with dei only. always seems to work. one more question.. when you put the bypass mod in did you put a ring around the ignition? if that's not installed then the bypass mod will not program or work.

I don't understand. What do you mean by "a ring around the ignition"?

well i just looked at the install sheet for that part. It does not make use of this ring i was talking about.
some questions.
Step one of programing the mod. Did you set that to "ground when running signal" or data type?

But if I was you i would get rid of that mode and get this other one. that mod is a little more confusing.

Part #:
DEI 555SW

when you remote start it what does the led on the bypass look like or do?

I use programming mode 2 on the bypass. I don't know if that is "data type" or "ground when running". The instructions for the 1100F said to use mode 2 and not mode 1 but doesn't tell which mode is "data type" or "ground when running". I have the remote start set for RPM learn. When I remote start the car with the key in the off position, the bypass module LED does nothing. The bypass is suppose to illuminate green (during programming) when I insert the 1st key and turn it to on, but it never does. The LED on the bypass never does anything after I select the programming mode.

I sent the 1100F to DEI for repairs along with the required check. Got the 1100F and check back. It seems that the place I bought it from was not a DEI dealer so they won't even take a look at the 1100F. I guess I'll swallow my loses and buy the 555SW. If anyone here wants to try the 1100F (if it works I'll sell it cheap or you can send it back to me) or think they can fix it for me (I'll pay), PM me with a cost.

I bought the DEI 555SW and installed it with the red wire to 12V and blue wire to the ground when running, off of the remote start. I tried to program it using my two master keys and then holding the capsule next to the ignition. The car will still not remote start unless a key is in the ignition. Any help guys? Is it possible that my two master keys have the same code programmed to them? Is there any way to verify this?

Thanks 02V8Sport, pdzcallday, beaups, and everyone else that posted here. I finally got my remote start to work. I didn't even have to use a bypass module. If anyone is interested in buying a DEI 1100F and 555S module, let me know and I'll sell them cheap!!

Thanks 02V8Sport, pdzcallday, beaups, and everyone else that posted here. I finally got my remote start to work. I didn't even have to use a bypass module. If anyone is interested in buying a DEI 1100F and 555S module, let me know and I'll sell them cheap!!

how cheap? .......seriously.:shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back