Pictures of LS with Bra wanted

Beullarrr

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Considering getting a black bumper/grill protector bra for a 2005 LS.
Looking for pictures and advice on best place to purchase, concerned about fit and appearance.

Thanks in advance..

don't do it man!!! Those bra's... they are horrible!!! It's another one of those things from the 80's and 90's that looked like a good idea back in the day, but has proven itself to do more harm than good! (like the "air gate" net for trucks)

A bra will do two things for you; it will protect your front end from rocks and debris, and it will protect the paint under it from getting sun fade.

A bra will do several things to your car that are undesirable; the paint it protects from sun fade.... it won't match the rest of your car when the bra comes off. It traps moisture under the bra, often times causing mold and mildew, it traps dirt / dust under the bra which acts like sand paper when the wind from driving hits it and causes the bra to move (you can NEVER get it totally secure so it doesn't move), some bra's will restrict airflow into the engine compartment (over heat!!!), and all bra's hamper the air flow around the car.

The last and most important reason to scrap this idea... Bra's are for women; not cars... some things belong in the previous decades in which they were popular; bra's for cars are without a doubt one of them. (ugly, hideous, GAG!)

You are now officially getting a "Get the F**k Out" ticket for bringing up car bras. Bras are about 10 years behind. Now go roll up the sleeves on your blazer and drink some tab!

Beullarrr....

Don't let comments get to you.. Your new, so I'll just tell you up front that some people here act and have the vocabulary of a highschool freshman...

Some people give good critizism.. Some people just blow smoke out their asses.

Nate is right about the Bra on the LS.. it just doesn't go. other cars maybe, but not the LS.. There are some other products that protect the front end.. I think 3M makes a clear plastic like film that goes on the front end. Do a search and check it out.

bras belong on a camaro not an LS.... plain n simple they are almost as lame as havin those seat covers from wal-mart on your LS

NickLS said:
or those wal-mart spinners...

haha funny you say that i was driving around early and no bullsh*t saw a toyota camry with 3 (one was missing) a fart can exhuast and lowered to the point of noreturn with a crazy bodykit... people are rediculous

i had the same thing happen to me... except it was a high school punk who thought that a fart can and some plastic spinners made him faster or something.... Rolled up beside me and revved his engine.. WTF?!?! I started laughin histarically (sp?) and started looking over his car as I laughed.. Needless to say I didn't get a good verbal response back..

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!

When he speed off when the light turned green.. Guess what my eyes saw?????

THOSE DUMB ASS PINWHEELS on the exhaust tips..
Some people just don't get it.

haha i love when people put 30,000 into a 3,000 dollar car with useless screens and extra SHlT no one cares about when they couldve gotten a way better car with all they money they spent on SHlTTY "upgrades"

If you're interested, I know Dupli-Color has a line of temporary car paint and clear covering. As far as I know they stay on until you really take it off with some soap. The other option is as previously mentioned, the 3M clear film which stays on until you peel it off. The problem with the film is that it can be challenging to get a complete cover over all the small details on the LS. I'm also not sure how long they are going to stay on without curling up around the previously mentioned details of the LS front end.

Guys, helpful comments not bashing here alright? Postal is right, if you're looking for protection the clear sheets are your best bet.

I bought one off ebay last year... not really for protection but to cover up the hiddeous wear on the front end. After 6 years and 120,000 miles on the highways, the nose of the car gets pretty well sandblasted up here in New England, even when it's not winter. All that chipping and pitting in the clearcoat looks like A$$ on a black car. Had I had the bra before all those miles, it might look a lot better. But for now the bra stays on until I finally get the LSE kit painted this winter.

If you know how to use one, you'll be OK. You will need to remove it frequently to keep desbris from under it. You shouldn't drive with it in the rain and should remove it if it gets wet. It's not meant to be left on your car for years without proper care of your car and the bra. Yeah, there may be less fade in the paint because it's protected... but I'd rather have that, than a clear coat that's shot. $90 protection or $1000 paintjob.

mholhut said:
I bought one off ebay last year... not really for protection but to cover up the hiddeous wear on the front end. After 6 years and 120,000 miles on the highways, the nose of the car gets pretty well sandblasted up here in New England, even when it's not winter. All that chipping and pitting in the clearcoat looks like A$$ on a black car. Had I had the bra before all those miles, it might look a lot better. But for now the bra stays on until I finally get the LSE kit painted this winter.

If you know how to use one, you'll be OK. You will need to remove it frequently to keep desbris from under it. You shouldn't drive with it in the rain and should remove it if it gets wet. It's not meant to be left on your car for years without proper care of your car and the bra. Yeah, there may be less fade in the paint because it's protected... but I'd rather have that, than a clear coat that's shot. $90 protection or $1000 paintjob.

Some good points... I suppose if you don't mind the horrible look it will give your car, and you need the protection from gravel and sand (obviously geographically dependent), AND you don't do what 98.3% of people that have car bar's do and just leave it on till the second coming of Christ, you might be alright. But a couple people mentioned the clear film; although I've seen it advertised, and used, I didn't even think to mention it! It's a pretty good comprimise between looks and protection. It will even come off if I recall (although you'll have to contend with cleaning up the adheasive).

also if you don't want your front end nicked up you could not follow so close to cars leading you. i got my front bumper recovered with paint and everytime i ride I 95 i just keep a well distance behind vehicles and i never get behind a semi.

I suppose a black bra on a black LS wouldn't be as bad as on... say a white LS.
:yuck:

mholhut said:

I agree with everything he said.

It works fine, you just need to take care of it, and your paint. I had one on my Focus (just on the hood), and had no problems.

As for how it looks. It looks as good as you think it looks. How about we let the one who wants it on his car to decide.

V-8 said:
As for how it looks. It looks as good as you think it looks. How about we let the one who wants it on his car to decide.

He said he wanted advice and was concerned about appearance. I think he's leaving it up to us to decide. And I hate the appearance. Its just one big eyesore for an LS.

It's not bad looking on my black LS. I like the clear protective film alot, but it does take the beating that your clearcoat, or a bra would take. But the clear film does show the wear of taking that beating after a little while. At least it's not your paint and you can get it redone after it starts looking shatty.

Bras

Yeah I have a bra for my Wife's mountaineer and only use it when we go on the raod like to Havasu with boat or to Vegas. I take it right off when we get back home. I also have a mini bra for my ls and use for road trips only. It does help keep the front in better shape from road debris. If you need it for like what i use it for I feel its ok, But not for everyday use.

Thanks for the comments

Thanks for the responses Gents........Some were quite helpfull, some if for nothing else .....a good a chuckle.........

Beullarrr

I have one and use it when I go on longer road trips to keep the front end nice. I don't like the look of it at all, but want to keep my car looking good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back