OBD p0171 SYSTEM TOO LEAN BOTH BANKS

tube

ok where can i get this part for my LS its 2000 V6 and its throwing the same codes (lean)

girty said:
ok where can i get this part for my LS its 2000 V6 and its throwing the same codes (lean)

You can get the hose from any FLM dealer. I didn't have a second hose bad (I also don't know where it is). You will also need upper and lower intake manifold gaskets. As far as I know these are dealer items only.

You have to pull the intake to get to this. It is not too bad though. I did it start to finish in about 1 1/2 hours.

I would suggest that you go ahead and replace the valve cover gaskets while you are there.

part numbers

do you know the part numbers to everything you mentioned? i need to chane all those that you suggested!! or part names??
and maybe a site to order them from

girty said:
do you know the part numbers to everything you mentioned? i need to chane all those that you suggested!! or part names??
and maybe a site to order them from

I would check with 00ls-sport through a PM. I have ordered several parts from him. He's given me great prices and shipped promptly. He's an FLM parts guy.

Tell him you need:
Upper and lower intake manifold gaskets
1-Valve Cover gasket kit
Curved hose just off of the PCV valve.

It's the PCV hose that is causing the codes. You will have to remove the manifold gaskets to replace it. (It's never a good idea to re-use gaskets IMHO). And for all the work that you've already done to get there, the valve cover gaskets are a good idea since when they leak, they kill coil-on-plugs.

I was haveing the same problem that some of you were haveing. I have just replace this hose along with some other stuff and still does not seem to help. I replaced the coils spark plugs valve cover gaskets upper and lower intake manifold gaskets. Any other Ideas of what problem I may have? I had the p0171 and p0174 code come on once and then cleared it before I did any of this and it has never came back on since. My PCV hose was not that bad but was going to be on it's way out soon. I don't know what it could be!

So when you remove the lower intake, can you just leave the injectors on it, or do you need to remove any fuel lines? I just took my car apart, and removing the upper intake is not very difficult, but was a little cautious of trying to mess with the injection system. I also need to replace my PCV valve on a V6.

Exact same codes PCV replaced

got the same codes on my 01v6 at 72k miles, paid dealer $400 to replace hose and PCV unit. No more problems.:D

Hello all,

I am having all of these problems as well on my 04 ls V6. Are there two PCV valves on this year also? I have already had the upper intake off to replace coils and plugs on the passenger side and I didn't notice it at all. I did notice oil on the spark plugs and coils. It looks like I will be taking it apart again to change the valve cover gaskets and grommets.

Members online

No members online now.
Back